Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Trouble migrating from Preachit

More
09 Jul 2020 12:12 #7700 by Robert Spencer
Thank you.

Okay, I deleted the old SermonSpeaker and installed the new. Unfortunately there's no longer any plugins listed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2020 14:18 #7701 by Thomas Hunziker
You don't have to uninstall the old version before installing the new. Just install the new version, it will automatically update the existing version.

That being said, what kind of plugins should be listed? Or did you uninstall the full package with all plugins and modules as well? Because the version I attached is only the component.

More
09 Jul 2020 19:03 #7702 by Robert Spencer
Okay, cool. That makes sense.

I wiped everything to do a fresh install. I'll fix that.

Weird thing, I made code changes to a Preachit library file to fix a pagination problem on our new site I'm developing, and the code showed up in the pagination for your Sermon listing to. Just the other way around.

Preachit:
Code:
<div class="rt-pagination pagination"><ul class="pagination"><li class="page-item active"><a class="page-link">1</a></li>...</ul><p class="counter pull-right">Page 1 of 7</p></div> </div>

SermonSpeaker:
Code:
<div class="pagination"> <p class="counter pull-right"> Page 1 of 7 </p> <ul class="pagination"><li class="page-item active"><a class="page-link">1</a></li>...</ul> </div>

What I added:
Code:
<p class="counter pull-right"></p>

I was trying to get the counter to float to the right, but without success. Making library file changes is probably not the correct course of action anyway. Just found it weird it showed up somewhere I didn't expect.

More
09 Jul 2020 19:20 #7703 by Robert Spencer
Okay, so it's coincidence. You used the same classes, but if you want it on the right what's it doing on the left?

And why do you have a view called "series" and "serie"? I thought "serie" was a typo the first time I saw it.

More
09 Jul 2020 19:47 - 09 Jul 2020 19:48 #7704 by Thomas Hunziker
The pagination is done by a Joomla code. So it actually should look the same in each component.
You can adjust that in your template with an override, so you don't have to change the core file. In the screen where you can create overrides, you have to look in the Layouts section under joomla -> pagination.

As for the serie/series thing you noticed. One is singular and the other one is plural. Yes I know it's not proper english. But I'm german speaking and it actually is correct in german :-)
But more importantely I need to distinguish the detailview from the list view, and Joomla expects the list view having the same name as the detailview but with an "s" at the end. It can be done different but needs a bit more code - so that is just the laziest way to do it - and since in english singular and plural are the same word here, it was fine for me :-)
Last edit: 09 Jul 2020 19:48 by Thomas Hunziker.

More
21 Jul 2020 16:16 #7707 by Robert Spencer
Thank you. I'll look when I have time.

Next thing, can you please explain why do I get the following warning?

"This filename is not safe to use in an URL"

File name example: images/preachit/bible-studies/2020/20200502-Stan_Want.mp3

And where are the SermonCast settings saved? I've tried finding them in the database, but without success.

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds