Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Trouble migrating from Preachit

More
06 Jul 2020 12:37 #7694 by Robert Spencer
Hi,

Firstly thank you for writing SermonSpeaker.

I don't know if this is the right place to put this, apologies if it is not.

I've started evaluating SermonSpeaker to see if it will work for us and already hit a big hurdle. All the messages I imported from Preachit have no category assigned to them, so they don't show in the front end.

At the very least I would have expected everything to be assigned to the Uncategorized category.

Obviously it would have been nicer if the Preachit Ministries had been changed into SermonSpeaker categories. As it stands there's no way to tell which are the Bible Studies and which are the Sermons (my 2 Preachit Ministries), so I'm going to have to reclassify everything manually.

Is this a bug or have a missed something?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2020 13:24 #7695 by Robert Spencer
Okay, all the message text for the Sermons and Bible Studies are missing too.

I also don't see a links to the YouTube video for the one sermon that had one.

More
06 Jul 2020 19:07 #7696 by Thomas Hunziker
It's a long time since I wrote that import code. But I remember that PreachIt has a very different data structure and so not everything can be easily migrated to SermonSpeaker.
I can have a look if I can improve it.
Maybe you can send me your database entries related to PreachIt? Then I could work with real data.

More
07 Jul 2020 18:14 #7697 by Robert Spencer
I can do that, the only thing to keep in mind I'm currently putting content into the Description field that strictly speaking shouldn't be there (our church is closed during the pandemic and that was the quickest way I could get extra content out to the congregation).

Where do you want me to send the file?

More
07 Jul 2020 18:18 #7698 by Thomas Hunziker
You can send it to my email bakual@bakual.ch

More
07 Jul 2020 21:36 #7699 by Thomas Hunziker
Thanks for the dump, that helped me a lot.
Can you try the attached version? It should migrate things much better. Including texts from sermons and categories for the sermons. For the teacher and series a dummy category named "Preach It Migration" is created and assigned. You can change that one using the batch functions to the desired category.

As for the Youtube video: PreachIt has some funny way how it stores video. It depends on the player you want to use (here: YouTube) and only stores the YouTube ID in that case. So after the migration you see the YouTube ID in the videofield, but obviously that doesn't work. However if you add " www.youtube.com/watch?v= " before that ID, then it will work.

Please tell me if that works.

File Attachment:

File Name: com_sermon...7-07.zip
File Size:3,459 KB

Time to create page: 0.319 seconds