Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Trouble migrating from Preachit

More
21 Jul 2020 19:50 #7708 by Thomas Hunziker
The method used for this notification is a Joomla function. The same as used to generate the "Alias" for menuitems and articles and the like.

Generally speaking avoid spaces, special characters (except - and _ which should be fine) and uppercased characters.
If you upload the file using SermonSpeaker, it will automatically change the filename to fit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jul 2020 11:59 - 22 Jul 2020 12:00 #7709 by Robert Spencer
Thank you.

With regard to the database query, I finally found the settings in the extensions table under the name com_sermonspeaker (which in hindsight makes sense).

I was actually taking the scenic route to another question though, is it possible for your extensions to automatically take the podcast settings from Preachit and apply it to your SermonCast setting when migrating?
Last edit: 22 Jul 2020 12:00 by Robert Spencer.

More
22 Jul 2020 14:01 #7710 by Thomas Hunziker
Unfortunately I have no clue how PreachIt stores the podcast settings and it probably is hard to migrate automatically.
It should be simpler to just go through the settings manually and copy them over.

If you need more than one podcast, you need to create menuitems (may be hidden ones) and set the parameters there instead of in the component settings.

More
22 Jul 2020 16:31 #7711 by Robert Spencer
The more important settings are in the pipodcast table. I can map out that tables entries and your SermonCast database entries if you are interested?

There's also the option to look up the XML filename in the pipodcast table, and parse it.

More
22 Jul 2020 16:52 #7712 by Thomas Hunziker
It's still probably easier to do that manually than writing the code for it.
It's very likely that not all parameters have a direct equivalent in SermonSpeaker plus I don't really like the idea to automatically create menuitems for the podcasts on your site.

More
22 Jul 2020 17:36 #7713 by Robert Spencer
Okay.

I have no idea about the menu items you are referring to, I'll have to investigate that.

Another issue is that both Preachit and SermonSpeaker put their name in the guid of the podcast feed, which means when you migrate you have the potential to make your existing subscribers very unhappy.

Is that something you would be willing to discuss changing, and adding extra code to help with the change over?

Time to create page: 0.306 seconds