Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

iTunes Not Recognizing Category

More
08 Apr 2019 00:07 #7421 by Colin
Hi Thomas, thank you for the reply.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, does this mean I have no control over what categories I want the podcast to be put in on itunes?

I just noticed I didn't attach the screenshot of the categories I had selected in global.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2019 15:43 #7422 by Thomas Hunziker
The settings you have screenshoted are the iTunes Categories. These define where your podcast will appear in Apples iTunes directory.

On the other hand, there are SermonSpeaker categories. Those are created within SermonSpeaker and can be named whatever you want and can be nested.
Those categories have nothing to do with iTunes. Their sole purpose is to filter sermons (or series and speakers). Eg when you want to have one feed for the Saturday Youth Meeting and another for the Sunday Service, then you can use categories to filter the sermons.

More
08 Apr 2019 21:35 #7423 by Colin
Thanks Thomas, I'm not sure what is wrong then, when I validate the rss feed with itunes it seems to think the podcast should be in religion category and not in kids and family category.

I'll try again.

Sorry for delay in reply, notifications are going to spam, I'll need to whitelist the domain.

Thanks
Colin

More
08 Apr 2019 22:08 #7424 by Thomas Hunziker
What is the exact URL of your feed that you want to register in iTunes?

More
08 Apr 2019 22:13 #7425 by Colin

More
08 Apr 2019 22:18 #7426 by Thomas Hunziker
As you can see, the categories in that feed are "Religion".
I assume "rss" is the alias of your menuitem. So it looks like the iTunes category settings aren't set correctly.
I'd say you only set the iTunes category in the global SermonSpeaker options that is used when no menuitem is active. Since you're using a menuitem, you need to make sure the categories are set correctly there as well.

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds