Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

iTunes Not Recognizing Category

More
14 Jan 2016 02:14 #5790 by David Ross
I use Sermon Speaker for a sports radio show here in Phoenix and for some reason it is showing the wrong iTunes category I have set up. I have selected the iTunes categories I want in the Sermoncast tab (see attached image), but you can see from the page source text below, that it is still showing Religion & Spirituality categories toward the top and then repeats the correct Sports related categories lower down. This results in iTunes only recognizing my submission as a religion category item. Any ideas on how to solve this? The actual RSS feed is at www.bunkergolf.com/podcast .

Page Source Text:

<itunes:summary>THE Golf Radio Show in Phoenix, AZ. Hosted by Greg Ellis along with co-hosts Marty Monaghan and Jim Hill Saturday mornings from 7:00 to 9:00 A.M. on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM.</itunes:summary>
<itunes:author>Bunker to Bunker Radio</itunes:author>
<itunes:category text="Religion &amp; Spirituality" />
<itunes:category text="Religion &amp; Spirituality">
<itunes:category text="Christianity" />
</itunes:category>
<itunes:category text="Sports &amp; Recreation">
<itunes:category text="Professional" />
<itunes:subtitle>THE Golf Radio Show in Phoenix, AZ. Hosted by Greg Ellis along with co-hosts Marty Monaghan and Jim Hill Saturday mornings from 7:00 to 9:00 A.M. on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM.</itunes:subtitle>
<itunes:owner>
<itunes:name>David Ross</itunes:name>
<itunes:email>rossdavid@cox.net
</itunes:owner>
<itunes:image href=" www.bunkergolf.com/images/podcast-bunker-golf-logo.jpg " />
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jan 2016 08:19 #5791 by Thomas Hunziker
You can specify up to three categories in the SermonCast section of the SermonSpeaker options. This looks to me like you have the first two categories left with default values and only set the third one to the sports category.

More
14 Jan 2016 08:19 #5792 by Thomas Hunziker
Check both menu item and global SermonSpeaker options to be sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Ross

More
14 Jan 2016 16:01 #5793 by David Ross
Thanks, Thomas. I had neglected to check the menu item. I really appreciate your help on this!

More
07 Apr 2019 17:59 #7419 by Colin
Hi,

This is an old thread but I have the same problem for a children's education and parenting site. I have the 3 categories filled in (see attached) in the global settings, but I don't see where to select the categories under the menu options.

@davidross, can you explain how you edited the settings in the menu to achieve this please? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Colin

<itunes:category text="Religion &amp; Spirituality" />
<itunes:category text="Religion &amp; Spirituality">
<itunes:category text="Christianity" />
<itunes:category text="Education">
<itunes:category text="Training" />
<itunes:subtitle>Early childhood experiences through excellent care and education in a safe, fun-filled natural environment.</itunes:subtitle>
<itunes:owner>
Attachments:

More
07 Apr 2019 19:50 #7420 by Thomas Hunziker
The categories for the Podcast are categories defined by Apple. It just says where the podcast should appear in the iTunes directory.
Those don't match with SermonSpeaker categories. The menuitems on the other hand refer to the SermonSpeaker categories.

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds