Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

iTunes Not Recognizing Category

More
09 Apr 2019 00:51 #7427 by Colin
Not sure where the /rss came from, my associate installed the component and told him to create an rss feed for itunes, I ask him tomorrow. The alias is actually podcast.

I don't have many options in the menuitem but I picked what I though was appropriate. (see attached)

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2019 01:00 #7428 by Colin
You got me thinking about the rss alias, made me curious why it wasn't podcast.

My associate has created a second menuitem in a secret menu, this menuitem is Sermon Speaker RSS feed, he simply called it RSS. I can now see different option for categories in this menuitem.

I will investigate further.

:huh: my bad for not looking closer at this.

More
25 Apr 2019 22:13 #7436 by Colin
Hi, I finally figured out the categories and seems to be working fine on that side. I then submitted the RSS feed to itunes and all went well, until yesterday.

Yesterday I added another sermon podcast and clicked on the refresh for itunes but it now gives me a 500 Error

"Can’t read your feed. Bad http result code: 500"

When I visit the RSS url it shows up the feed ok, so why the 500?

Any ideas?

Thanks

More
26 Apr 2019 08:33 #7437 by Thomas Hunziker
Error 500 means there was an "Internal Server Error". You should see something in the server error log.
kiddiwinkles.co.uk/rss is looking fine to me if that is the feed you use for iTunes.

More
26 Apr 2019 22:17 #7438 by Colin
Hi Thomas,

I figured out it is something to do with a security plugin but haven't fully got to the reason yet. If I figure it out I will post to let others know.

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.316 seconds