Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

JW Player not working.

More
03 Mar 2016 14:06 #5936 by TJ Dailey
Replied by TJ Dailey on topic JW Player not working.
I know that the default storage is /images. How do I find it (/images) from the back end of my site? I looked in my images directory, but I don't see the mp3 file.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Mar 2016 14:42 #5937 by Thomas Hunziker
It should be the images directory within your Joomla installation. The same directory the Joomla Media Manager works in by default.

More
04 Mar 2016 17:48 #5939 by TJ Dailey
Replied by TJ Dailey on topic JW Player not working.
Well....it appears to be working now. I'm sorry for all of the trouble.

More
03 Apr 2016 18:50 #6039 by Jason Adams
Replied by Jason Adams on topic JW Player not working.
The built in player on our site has been broken for a long time and I'm finally getting around to trying to get it fixed, I got it from an error message to saying loading player but it never loads the player. firebug shows the following error:
"NetworkError: 400 Bad Request - fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= "
css?family=
SyntaxError: missing } after property list

...2015/03/Clay - What's Your Perception.mp3',title:'What\'s Your Perception',desc

but I can't sort it out, would someone be willing to look at my site and help me get it going? if necessary I will get you backend access

www.tabernacle-of-praise.org/index.php/sermons

More
03 Apr 2016 20:30 #6040 by Thomas Hunziker
Try not to use a ' in the filename. I think that one is breaking the player. It's best to only use lowercase filenames without any special characters.
If you use SermonSpeaker to upload the files, it will automatically take care of this and rename the files accordingly.

More
06 Apr 2016 00:16 #6041 by Jason Adams
Replied by Jason Adams on topic JW Player not working.
Thomas, I removed the apostraphe and yay it works!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
thanks so much, don't know why I didn't catch that. sometimes i get in a hurry and things like that slip thru. i normally use filezilla to upload and manage files on the site so it has just become habit to put files in place with that.

I did notice a couple other quirks though, I used to be able to click on the sermon in the list and it the player would change to the sermon clicked. Also on the single sermon page it says no matching player found, what am I missing here? I checked the settings.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds