- Category: News
SermonSpeaker is a free Joomla component for churches to publish their sermons. It focuses on easy administration and operation by trying to copy the look and feel of regular content items so it feels familiar.
Some features include:
- Support for up to 3 files per sermon, one for audio, video and (downloadable) notes.
- Supports all fileformats Flash can play (see supported Fileformats for JW Player), also supports wma/wmv files and Youtube and Vimeo videos.
- Supports Joomla 3.x features like JTags and language associations.
- Multiple players integrated (JW Player, Flowplayer, Wordpress Audio Player). SermonSpeaker automatically chooses a fitting player depending on filetype and your favors.
- Automatically creates a full featured podcast (RSS feed with iTunes tags).
- Frontend Editing for an easy uploading and publishing of new sermons or editing existing ones.
- Multiple layouts already included for the sermon detailpage. More layouts can be made easily or downloaded for free. For each view the layout can be selected independently.
- Supports external storage servers and Amazon S3.
- Support for content plugins like Scripture Links and Biblelink XT
- Support for JComments and Xmap
- Various modules and plugins available
Use the demopage on this site to see what it is capable of doing.
- Category: Releases
SermonSpeaker 5.2.2 is released.
It fixes two bugs related to saving scriptures and the popup player.
- Category: General
SermonSpeaker is free to use. However it's nice if you want to give something back.
There are various ways how you could contribute to the SermonSpeaker project.