Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Player Plugins Questions

More
26 Feb 2018 20:08 #6997 by Fred Pitts
Hi Thomas, I recently have moved to a new church and am setting up Sermon Speaker. I have 5.7.1 and have been having problems with setting up players. I was using JW 6 (I think) on my old site. I had a free license, which is no longer available, I see, with their newer players. After looking at some topics, I saw a way to get a free JW player that is cloud based, and I finally have it working, but the size is for video rather than audio, and it goes outside the main Joomla window. I have tried playing with the settings on the JW website, but it still is that way regardless. Another place it says that there are four plugins, but I only see the Pixelout, which I load and it shows but only buffers but does not play. I am hoping to find something that is audio only size--just a sleek narrow player as before rather than a video for an mp3 audio file. Is there anything else to use? I have tried not using the "Use Plug-in" choice but trying the others in the dropdown but none work, and I see it is not what you wish anyway. Are there other options? ONE MORE Q: My current church also has a YouTube site. Can I also add an embed code, or do I have to download the Youtube and then use the video file option? Thanks so much for any help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2018 23:42 #6998 by Thomas Hunziker
Yeah, JW Player dropped both their free account and Youtube support. So it's not a good choice anymore for us.
I'm currently trying to write a new player plugin based on the mediaelement.js player. That player is open source and actually can deal with Youtube AND Vimeo videos.

If you want to try that one:

File Attachment:

File Name: plg_sermon...ment.zip
File Size:1,010 KB

It's not really finished yet, but it may already work for your case depending on your needs. I would be interested on the feedback then. :)
Attachments:

More
27 Feb 2018 19:58 #7006 by Fred Pitts
Replied by Fred Pitts on topic Player Plugins Questions
Thanks, Thomas. The mediaelement player works, but I still have a challenge of in the view that has a single sermon, the player goes outside the boundaries of my page. In the list view, it does not. (See Attachments--hope they are not too small or poor resolution. I had to get them small enough to allow). I have changed audio (and video) width (and height) parameters both in the Sermon Speaker options and in the plugin itself. It seemed to changed the height but I can't get the width to come back within the page parameters. Any ideas? Thanks again!
Attachments:

More
27 Feb 2018 20:18 #7007 by Thomas Hunziker
I'll have to look into that. I haven't really looked into the appearance stuff of the player yet. But it should be possible using CSS to set it's max-width. Maybe I need to wrap it into a container so it works fine.

More
27 Feb 2018 20:30 #7008 by Fred Pitts
Replied by Fred Pitts on topic Player Plugins Questions
Thanks again. Being a pastor, I am not as up to speed on working with CSS as I am with just using Joomla with components. I appreciate your work.

More
28 Feb 2018 18:45 - 28 Feb 2018 18:45 #7012 by Thomas Hunziker
Can you add the following rule to you template?
Code:
.ss-sermondetail-container .ss-sermon-player { width: initial; }
Last edit: 28 Feb 2018 18:45 by Thomas Hunziker.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds