Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Vimeo

More
10 Aug 2015 17:59 - 10 Aug 2015 18:01 #5459 by Richard Moeller
Replied by Richard Moeller on topic Vimeo
This is my host's response. He mentions YouTube doing things differently. Our messages are on YouTube, as well. Is there some way I can bring those into our site through your component?

For reference we do not allow clients to maintain a php.ini file in their directories, it's another major risk, an attacker could overload our server by changing a few variables in PHP, like the file upload size limit, post size limit, memory allocations, et.

We do allow for some custom PHP settings per account, but the application and the reason needs to be reviewed before we can implement anything that carries a heavy risk, like allow_url_fopen.

The url_fopen & url_include settings would allow remote PHP code to effect your local PHP, this means that a rogue PHP script could re-write files on your website, allowing for full access and infection. This is why we leave url_fopen and url_include disabled.

While there is no sure fire way to save everything or everyone, we can and should still take steps to limit. The programmers of the application you are using should consider changing to a different method to load content remotely.

JavaScript, more specifically AJAX could do everything they're hoping to accomplish and stops the spread of website infections. iFrames would also be another safer method of sharing data. Google maps and YouTube use iFrames, and do allow for playlists.

support.google.com/youtube/answer/171780?hl=en

Last edit: 10 Aug 2015 18:01 by Richard Moeller. Reason: Specify quote

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2015 19:31 #5460 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Vimeo
While your hoster is corrept that url_fopen has some security issues, it isn't as easy to change everything to AJAX.

If you have the files also on Youtube, then I would use those anyway. JW PLayer is able to play Youtube videos as well as audio files. Which means you can use Youtube videos in the playlist and can use the toggle feature to switch between the audio and video file.
To enter the Youtube video, just paste the URL into the videofile field or you can try to set up the Google Picker, which then allows you to pick the videos from a list provided by Google. See www.sermonspeaker.net/faq/71-setting-up-google-picker.html for some instructions how to use the picker.

More
11 Aug 2015 19:15 #5462 by Richard Moeller
We are getting closer. From the attached image, you can see there is a Google Drive icon next to Videofile. When I click it, it does nothing. As you ca, also, see I have just pasted the YouTube link for Videofile. It does kind of work on the front-end. When you toggle between audio and video, the video shows out of site lower on the page. When you go to details and click the video, there is a pop-up that plays the audio. I have included a link to my media page.
www.believers.us.com/media1
Attachments:

More
11 Aug 2015 20:23 #5465 by Thomas Hunziker
As for the Google Picker, did you follow the steps to set it up? Or did you just activate it in the backend?

The Youtube video looks fine when you check it using the Protostar template ( www.believers.us.com/media1?template=protostar ). So it is somehow related to a CSS rule in your template. I would have to check closer where the difference is between the two.

More
12 Aug 2015 22:54 - 12 Aug 2015 22:55 #5466 by Richard Moeller
I failed to see that Chrome blocked a pop-up as your instructions said there would be. It prompts me to select my account and when I do I get this error.

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 Aug 2015 22:55 by Richard Moeller. Reason: No Attachment

More
13 Aug 2015 08:29 #5467 by Thomas Hunziker
Googling the error showed me this: stackoverflow.com/questions/19633590/err...no-registered-origin

Looks like you haven't properly set the referrers in the Google Console. Check the API key and Client-ID settings and make sure the referrer/source/redirect fields have the correct domain of your site.

Time to create page: 0.339 seconds