Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Vimeo

More
03 Aug 2015 23:28 #5441 by Richard Moeller
Vimeo was created by Richard Moeller
I would like to add video from Vimeo to my messages. I haven't found any documentation on how to do that. I've tried to paste the vimeo url into the Videofile field but that doesn't seem to work. The audio part of the component is awesome. I';d just like to add my videos , now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2015 16:21 #5442 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Vimeo
Easiest is if you go to the SermonSpeaker options, select the "File Paths" tab and select "Vimeo" for the "Mode for videofiles" parameter.
Then enter the Vimeo user below that field.

After that you can select your Vimeo video from the dropdown listbox.

Or you can paste the URL of your video directly into the field. It has to look like this: " vimeo.com/123456789 "

More
05 Aug 2015 04:07 #5443 by Richard Moeller
Replied by Richard Moeller on topic Vimeo
That is how I have it setup. I've tried both copy and pasting the link and trying to use the pull down list. The list shows nothing. I have double checked my username, as well.

More
05 Aug 2015 07:40 #5444 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Vimeo
The player may not show if you have "Use Plugin" selected for the player. Because there is not yet a Vimeo player plugin. I still need to write that one. But if you have selected any of the other player there, it should work and automatically select the Vimeo player.

However the dropdown should work always. Can you try enabling error reporting in the Joomla Configuration? Set it to Development or Maximum. It may now show a warning when you open the sermon form. Depending on the server settings you may also have to check the server error log file.

More
05 Aug 2015 19:25 #5445 by Richard Moeller
Replied by Richard Moeller on topic Vimeo
The Player is set to JW Player 5. I have set error reporting to either Development or Maximum but nothing shows in the form. Do you know where I can check my server error log file? Would these be PHP or SQL errors?

More
05 Aug 2015 19:28 #5446 by Andrei Chernyshev
Replied by Andrei Chernyshev on topic Vimeo
try setting this setting in your admin folder php.ini file to on.
Code:
allow_url_fopen=On allow_url_include=On

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds