Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Niggling bugs and issues

More
17 Nov 2011 16:42 #1202 by David White
Found another glitch.

If you have a speaker intro but no bio then speaker series view doesn't show any text (intro or bio). If you add a bio it shows both.

For speaker sermon view it shows the intro correctly whether or not there is a bio.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Nov 2011 16:50 #1203 by David White
I don't seem able to enable the "description" column for series list - that option is greyed-out in the columns settings. It would be a very useful option.

More
17 Nov 2011 17:37 #1204 by David White
I can't find a way to distinguish between the single speaker series table and the single speaker sermons table. I've got different numbers of columns and I'm having problems applying styling properly. Could the th elements have specific additionial classes depending on what the column is, please?

More
17 Nov 2011 19:18 #1205 by Thomas Hunziker

David White wrote: I can't find a way to distinguish between the single speaker series table and the single speaker sermons table. I've got different numbers of columns and I'm having problems applying styling properly. Could the th elements have specific additionial classes depending on what the column is, please?

That is a good idea and probably helps other people as well.
I could either just add an additional unique class to each column and keeping the current ss-col class as well, or just use the unique class alone. I think CSS allows more than one class in an element but it may be confusing sometimes and makes a bit bigger pages. Two classes would allow more generic CSS sometimes. What would you prefer?

The intro/bio thing sounds like a bug I can fix easy. I'll look into this tomorrow.

The description column isn't supported for the series list (thus greyed out). Reason is that descriptions can hold HTML stuff and pictures which could break the table.

With SermonSpeaker 4.3 I will add the possibility to create, share and use custom layouts to the component. That will probably be interesting for you. This also means that I will have to enable each of those checkboxes and add a disclaimer to it that not all fields are shown in each layouts :-)
If all goes well I will put together a next beta version of it tomorrow. If you're interested I can send it to you as well, you seem to be a good tester after all :-D

More
18 Nov 2011 15:04 #1206 by Thomas Hunziker

David White wrote: Found another glitch.

If you have a speaker intro but no bio then speaker series view doesn't show any text (intro or bio). If you add a bio it shows both.

For speaker sermon view it shows the intro correctly whether or not there is a bio.

This layout had some old code in it, it's now fixed. Thanks for telling that one.

Time to create page: 0.304 seconds