Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Niggling bugs and issues

More
14 Nov 2011 13:03 #1184 by David White
Hi,

Thank you so much for Sermon Speaker. It's really good and I'm encouraged to see all the new features.

I'm developing a site that requires mime type application/xhtml+xml for its pages. It doesn't have any functional differences with the standard text/html mime type but it does make browsers really, really fussy about well-formedness.

Thanks to this "feature" of xhtml I've found some niggling well-formedness problems.

1. Single sermon view "all in a row" has an extraneous </table> tag at the end.
2. The speaker info pop-up has a missing </div> element somewhere.

There may be others I've missed.

I'm also having problems with the administrator sermon upload button. It often fails to upload (but not always). Because it's flash, however, I can't find the root cause. There's no server error or log, all I get is "server (IO) error".

yours,
David.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Nov 2011 13:22 - 14 Nov 2011 13:41 #1185 by Thomas Hunziker
Thanks for pointing out those two bugs.
I run the pages through a validator from time to time, but some errors are always slipping through. If you find more, just tell me.

I have fixed it in SVN already now.

The uploader is the SWF Upload tool from www.swfupload.org/ .
The code is in these files:
  • /administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/controllers/file.json.php (ajax responses)
  • /administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/views/sermon/view.html.php (javascript code)
  • /administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/views/sermon/tmpl/edit.php (layout and calls)
I'm not that familiar with Flash myself and this error comes from the Flash application itself. Not sure why it's happening. Maybe you can find out more?
Last edit: 14 Nov 2011 13:41 by Thomas Hunziker.

More
14 Nov 2011 13:46 #1186 by Thomas Hunziker
Btw if you want to fix the errors yourself

/components/com_sermonspeaker/views/sermon/tmpl/edit.php

Delete the </table> in the second last line.

/components/com_sermonspeaker/views/speaker/tmpl/popup.php

Add a </div> to the end of the file.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David White

More
17 Nov 2011 11:59 #1199 by David White
Another niggle. In series view the table of sermons it looks like there's a type in the table cell classes. The header has cells tagged .ss_col. The table body has most cells tagged .ss-col but I've got one cell (empty) labeled .ss_col. It multiplies the number of CSS rules i need for it!

More
17 Nov 2011 12:00 #1200 by David White
Actually, it's the other way around but you get the idea!

More
17 Nov 2011 12:44 #1201 by Thomas Hunziker
Nice catch. It was indeed inconsistent.
I've changed all 16 instances of .ss_col to .ss-col which is the intended way.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds