Custom Speaker Layout not loading

More
23 Jan 2013 15:05 - 23 Jan 2013 15:25 #2924 by Martini
Hi,
I've created a custom Sermons and Speaker-Layout.
For both of them I have a direct menulink with global layout settings.
In backend options at sermonlist(Predigten Liste) and singlespeaker/(Einzelner Prediger) my custom layouts are chosen. Through calling the two menulinks I can show the data with my own layouts.

I want to load my custom speakerlayout at clicking the speakers name in my custom layout and the speakers name again in the popup, but that doesnt work! The component ignores the global settings here.
How can I skip the speakers popup and call directly the speakers layout with belonging sermons?
Last edit: 23 Jan 2013 15:25 by Martini.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jan 2013 20:20 #2926 by Thomas Hunziker
Hi Martini

I think you face the same problem which is discussed here: www.sermonspeaker.net/forum/Wishes-and-I...future-versions.html

The speaker link points to a fixed info layout which is used in the popup. You could override this layout in the template as a fix or change all layouts which currently have this popup to directly link to the speaker.
I'll probably add a parameter in the next release which will allow you to specify if the popups are used (fixed info layout) or not (link directly to speaker with default layouts).

More
24 Jan 2013 10:57 - 24 Jan 2013 11:12 #2940 by Martini
Ok, thank you very much.
overriding works for my second problem.
I just copied the sermon-link from popup.php into my custom.php with some little changes.

The first problem still exists:
The speakers site is loaded with the default layout and not with my custom speaker layout as I specified in global layout settings.

EDIT:
Oh, I noticed the appended "layout=sermons" in my path.
Removed it and now it works fine! :)
Problem 1 solved, too!
Last edit: 24 Jan 2013 11:12 by Martini.

More
24 Jan 2013 11:29 #2941 by Thomas Hunziker
Yeah, with the layout parameter you can override the SermonSpeaker settings.

The speaker layouts are a bit different because you can show either the sermons or series of a speaker. The new protostar layouts take a different approach here as there is only one layout for both, but with a tab where you can switch between sermons and series. But this layouts only work together with Joomla 3.0 and it's bootstrap :-)

Time to create page: 0.168 seconds