Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Title control and duplicates in semon list

More
09 Jun 2020 18:50 - 09 Jun 2020 18:53 #7656 by Carlos Silva
1. I have title link function set to control player so when the title is clicked on as expected the player starts, but if the title is select again instead of pausing the player, the player starts the message again from the beginning.

2. As you can see from the attachment I am now getting duplicate files in my list. Seems to have started after recent update.

site cco.oakdalecalvary.org/index.php/sermons...list/series?catid=10

As always thank you very much for your work and desire to be of help !!!
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Jun 2020 18:53 by Carlos Silva.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jun 2020 09:59 #7659 by Thomas Hunziker
Regarding 1): The icon is only supposed to play, not pause. So that part is expected behavior.

Regarding 2): Do you know from which version you updated? Because lately I haven't touched anything which could cause such an issue.
Also, it doesn't seem to be with all sermons from what I see. So that's kinda strange.

More
10 Jun 2020 17:42 - 10 Jun 2020 17:47 #7660 by Carlos Silva
1. OK clicking on title only plays, that's what I thought but needed to check I will experiment on figuring out how to get it to also pause if it's already playing.

2. The version is latest 3.9. Recall you did an update to solve play button icon in cog drop down not starting audio play back -- 3345-solved-play-button-in-button-group couple of posts back. Yes it seems to be random and once it starts it tends to get worse.

Again thank you blessings to you and your family.
Last edit: 10 Jun 2020 17:47 by Carlos Silva.

More
10 Jun 2020 20:15 #7662 by Thomas Hunziker
For the play button, you would have to look at the media/plg_sermonspeaker_mediaelement/js/sermonspeaker.js and adjust the JavaScript in there (if you're using the mediaelement player).
That file could also be overriden in yoru template (see docs.joomla.org/Understanding_Output_Ove...Media_Files_Override )

For the doubles, can you check if you see them doubled also in backend?

More
10 Jun 2020 21:57 #7664 by Carlos Silva
1. Will do, thank you once again.

2. That's very interesting because now I do have duplicates in the back end which were not there before, so very confusing. Checking the database and now duplicates there> I know for a fact there weren't any before. Very confusing.

Again thank you very much !!!

More
10 Jun 2020 22:34 #7665 by Thomas Hunziker
At least that helps narrow it down. So it's not a database query which returns multiple rows for the same entry. The entries indeed are there.

Now there must be something triggering the sermon creation, because there is certainly no code which magically doubles them.
May it be that someone accidentally copied some sermons with the "Batch" function? Or when editing instead of saving hit the "Save as Copy" button? Or are you using the "Create Sermons Automatically" tool (using cronjobs or whatever)?
That would be my first thoughts.

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds