Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Is it possible to upload from facebook?

More
17 May 2020 21:44 #7625 by Brian Parks
Thanks to your help I am able to upload from YouTube but I'm also wondering is it as easy to upload from Facebook? That would save time so instead of downloading from Facebook and then uploading to YouTube it could all be done in a matter of minutes.

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 May 2020 22:58 #7626 by Thomas Hunziker
The mediaelement player apparently is capable of playing Facebook videos. I've now adjusted the plugin so it should work with those as well.
Can you check with the attached version of the plugin?

File Attachment:

File Name: plg_sermon...5-17.zip
File Size:1,091 KB

You have to enter the video url of the Facebook video into the Sermon form. The URL should look along www.facebook.com/ /videos//
Attachments:

More
18 Aug 2020 20:48 #7720 by Joe
Hello Thomas, I had this same idea. I have installed this plugin, enabled it, set priority to video, and disabled all other players. I pasted the facebook URL into the video area ( www.facebook.com/jerseymbc/videos/3773525309329332/ ) and the player does not seem to be importing the video. Could I have missed a step?

Thanks for any help you can give!

www.jerseymbc.com/sermon-media/sermon/56...-to-learn-from-jesus

More
18 Aug 2020 21:18 #7721 by Thomas Hunziker
It's actually working, but since it is in portrait mode you need to set a higher height somehow.
The play button of the player itself didn't seem to work for me, but clicking in the middle of the video started it.

More
18 Aug 2020 21:30 #7722 by Joe
*FacePalm* Thanks Thomas, I just realized I have a Facebook tracking blocker on FireFox that was keeping me from seeing the video. Opening up in a different browser showed me what you just said. Thanks so much!

More
18 Aug 2020 22:23 #7723 by Thomas Hunziker
Yep, now that you say it, my edge it is blocking the video as well :)

Time to create page: 0.188 seconds