Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

SermonSpeaker or Quix problem - sermon titles disappear & are shown as videos

More
18 Feb 2020 17:04 #7566 by K A R Wright
Hi Thomas
It's been a while since I last had any problems but I'm now upgrading the church site into a more modern version and so using new extensions to that end.

One of those is Quix and I've used it to display the Sermon Audio module. I love the look but am having issues with how sermons are being shown. Firstly the titles all disappear on mouseover and all are shown as videos rather than an audio file. It's set to use the JW Plugin as it's the only player which actually works. But for some of the files that throws up an error that the "video file" isn't available.

I'm just unsure whether this is a SS or a Quix issue or both so figured I'd check with you first, as the latter came with the template and as such they're not quite so great on providing support unless I pay. :(

Hopefully you can shed some light on the issues. :)

BMC Test site
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Feb 2020 21:42 #7567 by Thomas Hunziker
I don't know what Quix is, so can't comment much on it.

I see in the browser console some errors related to JW Player. Looks like that one has issues at least in the free version.
Did you try with the mediaelement player plugin ( www.sermonspeaker.net/download/player-mediaelement.html )?

The hiding of the title and icons seems to be template related somehow. Some JS is applying an inline style "display: none" on those elements after hover with the mouse. From the SermonSpeaker side, all they have special is a tooltip, and that one is the regular Bootstrap tooltip from Joomla.
The following user(s) said Thank You: K A R Wright

More
24 Feb 2020 16:36 #7568 by K A R Wright
Sorry for delay in replying -only working on the site very part time :).

Thanks for the suggestion on the media player change as that's sorted everything out thankfully. I had tried that player a few years back but at that time and on the current main site it hadn't worked at all so I just never tried it again. And I'm glad you at least got to see the missing titles problem I'd mentioned since that's now been resolved. Perhaps the player was affecting the template some way oddly. I think part of the issue was that I'd forgotten to clear the Joomla cache and wondering why changes weren't being reflected on the front end despite numerous browser cache clearings & reloads etc. Lesson learnt!

Regardless, as ever, you've sorted the problem swiftly and easily :). THANKS!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thomas Hunziker

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds