Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

How the Itemid parameter in URL was determined?

More
29 May 2019 11:23 #7452 by Ken Lee
Dear Thomas,

At links to a single series, the URL rendered from SermonSpeaker has at the end ?Itemid=X where X is the menu item id of home. It happens when I did not create a particular menu item to point to the series and SermonSpeaker would add Itemid=HomeID for me.
However in some cases I do not want it defaults to the home menu item where there are modules that I don't want, e.g. the site banner. I found that if I could simply remove "?Itemid=X" from URL and it would show just the way I wanted.
How can I make the URL not appending home menu item ID to the URL?

Thank you for your attention.

Best Regards,

Ken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2019 12:44 #7453 by Thomas Hunziker
Joomla always needs an Itemid. Otherwise core functions like module positioning and template assignments don't work properly.
SermonSpeaker most of the times tries to find an appropriate menuitem to pass with the URL. Latest fallback being the HomeID. It shouldn't need an exact menuitem, it should be enough if there is at least one SermonSpeaker related menuitem published.
But maybe there is a bug in that Itemid lookup. Then I'd need more details as to when it happens and which link is generated on which page.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ken Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds