Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Amazon S3 - folder content listing missing

More
03 Jul 2018 20:50 #7178 by B.Pohl
I'm guessing there's an easy solution here...

I have Amazon S3 set up for audio & video. I can also upload sermons correctly (keys are working).

I wanted SermonSpeaker to upload sermons into a subfolder, so I set amazonbucketname/subfoldername in the Amazon S3 Bucket field.

Upload works just fine, however, when I go to Add a new Sermon-->Files & Details, my "select an option" field (with the green radio button), does not populate with the contents of this Amazon subfolder.

Am I doing Amazon S3 subfolders the wrong way?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Jul 2018 08:28 #7179 by Thomas Hunziker
I don't think that will work. I'm surprised the upload actually worked.
The API iny the librariy I use to fetch the content of a bucket looks like this: "$s3->getBucket($bucket, $folder);". So I would have to check the bucket for a slash and put the folder part into the second argument.
I can see if I can do that.

More
06 Jul 2018 16:00 #7181 by Thomas Hunziker
I've added a new parameter which lets you specify a folder for Amazon S3.
I haven't tested it yet since I'd have to set up a new Amazon S3 testaccount first. Can you try it and see if it works?

File Attachment:

File Name: com_sermon...7-06.zip
File Size:4,022 KB
Attachments:

More
06 Jul 2018 23:09 - 06 Jul 2018 23:11 #7182 by B.Pohl
Wow! I wasn't expecting that, although it is super helpful to be able to designate a sub-folder on the bucket.

OK, yes, I tested it & it seems to be working as expected. Here's the behaviour I observed:

1) I have two sub-folders in the bucket. FolderA and FolderB. So long as FolderB was empty, even though FolderB was set as the designated subfolder, it displayed (and allowed me to select the contents) of the sermons in FolderA... Interesting behaviour. I don't imagine it would be a problem except for the confusion it might cause some people. As soon as FolderB had media in it, the selection dialogue only displayed the content of FolderB.

2) the Audio/Video fields (in the Edit/New sermon dialogue) don't discriminate what content they display based on file extension. i.e. I can see both mp3s and mp4s in either of the audio or video fields. I don't know what the current behaviour is though, so that might be expected behaviour.

3) the list displays in reverse alphabetical order... which I believe is default behaviour (ie files with the date at front eg. 2018-07-06_sermon_something are listed with the newest first--convenient!).

So, yes, it seems to be working just fine. Thank you so very very much for the effort!
Last edit: 06 Jul 2018 23:11 by B.Pohl.

More
07 Jul 2018 20:30 #7184 by Thomas Hunziker
1) If the folder doesn't exist, SermonSpeaker falls back to the root folder. In case of AmazonS3, the folders don't really exist to begin with (the files just get prefixed). So an empty folder technically doesn't exist at all in the bucket and SermonSpeaker will go to the bucket root instead.

2) That's true, there is no filetype filter for AmazonS3. It works only for local files. I think I could add that if it helps.

3) The list is sorted by the last modified timestamp of the files, showing newest files first. So it's not based on the filename and would even work without a date prefix :)

More
17 Jul 2018 04:20 #7203 by B.Pohl
Thanks so much again Thomas,

Re: the filetype filter, I imagine others *might* find it helpful. At present, we are only using audio uploads, so I'm not bothered that file types are visible in either fields.

Quick Q. Will you include the Amazon S3 sub-folder field in the next release... Just asking so I don't overwrite the setup you sent me with one that lacks the field :-)

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds