Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Invalid License Key - JWPlayer no longer offers free key

More
11 Apr 2018 16:38 #7041 by Pat Vanden Bosche
I followed your instructions to set up the player for SermonSpeaker on our church website, but the message came up stating "Invalid License Key." After following the instructions in your site to set up a license key with a free account with JWPlayer, and failing to secure a key, I found out they no longer offer the free license key ... and the change was made in about September 2017. Apparently a free account is free but has no meaning anymore. Is there any other way to get the sermons to work with your extension without having to buy a subscription with JWPlayer? Thanks for any response.

Pat Vanden Bosche
PatVB Web Design
www.patvb.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2018 17:20 #7042 by Thomas Hunziker
Their free account still allows to use the cloud based variant of the player. You can enable that mode in the plugin. With that mode, you will need to enter the library url and you can customise the player in the JW Player dashboard.
The just don't offer the self-hosted license key anymore (existing keys still work).

I'm working on a new plugin based on the mediaelement.js player. You can find a first alpha version here: www.sermonspeaker.net/download/player-mediaelement.html
It already works to a good degree. Mainly the audio/video toggle doesn't work yet.

More
11 Apr 2018 18:52 #7043 by Pat Vanden Bosche
Thank you for such a super quick reply!

I downloaded the mediaelement.js player, and made sure the plugin was enabled. But when I went to the options to select it as the player, it wasn't in the list unless it has a different name. What did I miss? Thanks again.

Pat

Pat Vanden Bosche
PatVB Web Design
www.patvb.com

More
11 Apr 2018 19:07 #7044 by Thomas Hunziker
The player parameter in the SermonSpeaker options should be set to "- Use Plugin -".
Then you can go to the plugin manager and filter by the "SermonSpeaker" plugin group. Make sure the mediaelement plugin is enabled there. If you have more than one plugin of that group enabled, the first one that is capable of playing the sermon will be used. To begin, I would make sure only the mediaelement plugin is enabled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bin Liang

More
11 Apr 2018 19:52 #7045 by Pat Vanden Bosche
I have followed your instructions, and it appears to be working very smoothly. Right now all we have are audio files, but there are plans to add videos of the sermon eventually. I see some minor formatting issues, but I'm sure you will be addressing them. I am still learning my way around your extension and know the pastor will love it. I do not see how I am to integrate the scripture reference on a sermon. Do I install a bible and then the scripture will be a link to open the bible to that scripture passage?

Pat Vanden Bosche
PatVB Web Design
www.patvb.com

More
11 Apr 2018 20:12 #7046 by Thomas Hunziker
If you can show me the formatting issues you have (best with an URL), I can tell you if that's caused by the template or the player.

As for the scripture link, you need a plugin for that. There are several options:
* BibleLinkXT ( www.sermonspeaker.net/download/plugin-content-biblelinkxt.html ) generates a link to either bibleserver.com or biblegateway.com.
* Zefania Bible ( extensions.joomla.org/extension/zefania-bible/ ) generates links to the Zefania Bible component installed in your Joomla
* ScriptureLinks ( extensions.joomla.org/extension/scripturelinks/ ) is another plugin which links to biblegateway.com

Depending on which one you installed, you need to enter a different plugin tag into the SermonSpeaker options.

Time to create page: 0.311 seconds