Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Amazon S3 bucket url problems

More
02 Apr 2018 20:39 #7035 by B.Pohl
Hi,

I am just attempting to link my amazon S3 bucket with sermonspeaker. After adding gracereformedchristianchurch/messages to the "Amazon S3 bucket" field, sermonspeaker generates https://s3-.amazonaws.com/gracereformedchristianchurch/messages/ as the upload location.

My bucket is located in the US East (Ohio) region (rather than N. Virginia) if that changes things.

Amazon seems to expect a url like this:
s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/gracereformed...+lipsy+psalm+149.mp3

Any hints what I might do to use sermonspeaker with a bucket in the US East (Ohio) region?

Thanks!
Bert

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Apr 2018 21:11 #7036 by Thomas Hunziker
Yeah, the region matters. The newer regions require a better encryption than the older one. Unfortunately the library I use in SermonSpeaker doesn't support that.
I will have to change the library to another one and rewrite the whole integration. Which takes some time I haven't had yet.
For now, you will have to use one of the older regions.

More
02 Apr 2018 21:58 #7037 by B.Pohl
OK, I'll move the files to a different bucket.

My main reason for using the Ohio bucket is that it's a newer bucket & no longer lists the owner name for people who check file permissions (Amazon are phasing out the file permissions owner name, which I am glad about--it's not so nice having my personal name appear on bucket permissions listings).

More
02 Apr 2018 22:39 #7038 by B.Pohl
Hmmm, I'm not sure what's happening now...

I have created a bucket in the standard US East (N. Virginia) region... However, sermonspeaker seems to generate a url beginning with s3-.amazonaws.com (there's a dash before the dot).

Amazon seems to expect s3.amazonaws.com/ as the url
eg. s3.amazonaws.com/grcc-messages/08.07.25+pm+lipsy+psalm+149.mp3

Is there a setting to tweak? I'm using Sermonspeaker 5.8.0
thanks!
Bert

More
02 Apr 2018 22:55 #7039 by Thomas Hunziker
SermonSpeaker should detect the correct prefix automatically. If it doesn't work with North Virginia, it most likely means your security credentials are wrong.

More
02 Apr 2018 23:14 #7040 by B.Pohl
Thanks so much for your reply.

Yes, you are correct, I had my secret key & access key reversed.

Thanks again!

Time to create page: 0.314 seconds