Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Additional File

More
19 Mar 2016 21:01 #5953 by Richard Moeller
We have a newsletter and I would like to enter them as a separate sermon as an Additional File without audio or video. When I setup a Sermons List for the Category Newsletter there is a message "Error loading player: No playable source." at the top of the list (click link below). Is there some way to work around not having the audio or video file for a sermon listing?
www.believers.us.com/newsletter

Richard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Mar 2016 21:07 #5954 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Additional File
You can disable the player in the SermonSpeaker settings. You can do so for each view (sermon list, sermon detailpage, speaker list, ...). However you can't do it per menu item or category, only globally.

If you need to disable it for a specific menu item, you can create an own layout where you just don't call the player and assign that layout to that menu item.

More
19 Mar 2016 22:20 - 19 Mar 2016 22:22 #5955 by Richard Moeller
Replied by Richard Moeller on topic Additional File
I did disable the player and that does work. How difficult is it to make my own layout? I kind of like the player for my sermons list. On a different note, is there any way to add a search to a list or even a pull-downs to change sorting order? Kind of like you have for Display #.
Last edit: 19 Mar 2016 22:22 by Richard Moeller.

More
19 Mar 2016 22:53 #5956 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Additional File
You can do additional layouts in your template. The template manager can help you with it.
Try googling for "joomla alternative layout" or "joomla layout overrides". That should give you some tutorials and doc pages how it works. It's something that is worth figuring out as it can help you in other extensions as well. It's a powerful feature of Joomla :)

There is a setting in the SermonSpeaker options -> global tab to show the "Filter Fields". That will add some more filtering options to the sermon list. Beside that you can as well do something with layouts, but you will need some PHP knowledge to do that. So it's not the simplest stuff to start with :)

More
19 Mar 2016 23:25 #5957 by Richard Moeller
Replied by Richard Moeller on topic Additional File
I'll look into the layouts more. The filtering now shows. Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds