Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

5.1.2 to 5.2.2 update crashed sermonspeaker

More
30 Jul 2014 16:59 #4737 by Johnny Fowler
I don't know what happened. I'm using Joomla 3.3.1 and I ran the update in Joomla for sermonspeaker 5.2.2 and boy was that a mistake. The pages are still there buy my neat tables and listing I cannot fix. It now looks horrible and I've spent lots of time trying to fix.
for example all sermons to date can be seen from URL: newbeginningokc.org/on-line-audio/all-sermons-by-date .
Is it something I missed on the update. It looks like it crashed all my settings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2014 17:15 #4738 by Johnny Fowler
Turned off Load IcoMoon CSS to fix, but now I've got to go back and set the background colors in the sermonspeak.css and others to fix my backgrounds again. Thanks anyway.. Lots of work

More
30 Jul 2014 18:06 #4739 by Thomas Hunziker
You should never directly edit SermonSpeaker files (or any other core or extension files). They will be overwritten with the next update.

You should instead use template overrides.
CSS rules usually are best placed into your template, or if the template doesn't allow you to add custom rules you can use one of the many plugins or modules which allow to add custom rules.

You can also override most CSS and JS files within your template.

If you need help with something, don't hesitate to ask B)

More
30 Jul 2014 21:34 #4740 by Johnny Fowler
I use Artisteer 4 to generate my templates. What plugin would you recommend to modify template CSS with?

More
30 Jul 2014 21:47 #4741 by Thomas Hunziker
It depends a bit on the site.
Have a look at this JED category: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/style-a-design/templating and look for custom CSS.
Using a module approach allows to load custom CSS only for certain menu items (like only for SermonSpeaker pages), while a plugin would load it on each pageload.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Johnny Fowler

More
30 Jul 2014 23:39 #4744 by Johnny Fowler
The CustomCSS plugin worked great. Thanks for the help....

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds