Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Upload mp3 files in a public server soundcloud.com

More
02 Jun 2014 17:08 #4619 by Eric Deumo
Please. I have uploaded sermon in soundcloud.com. When I copy the link in sermonspeaker of our church website. Il refuse to play. I dont have anough space in our server to copy the sermon inside.
Please help. God bless.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jun 2014 17:39 #4620 by Andrei Chernyshev
Hi Eric, If i'm not mistaken soundcloud accounts are also limited. free accounts to 2 hour and pro to 4 hours. unless you go unlimited which then defeats a purpose might as well upgrade your server.

More
02 Jun 2014 18:08 #4621 by Eric Deumo
Tank you Andrei.
So there is no possibilities to upload files somewhere else for free than our server ?

More
02 Jun 2014 18:40 #4622 by Andrei Chernyshev
Technically mp3 files do not take alot of space so you can upload it to your server without taking up lot of space. on our server we have over 600-700 sermons for our church and take about 16GB. In today's day and age you can find a hosting provider that will offer good hosting with unlimited file storage. You can try Dropbox or Google Drive. but they have limits on the linking. if you exceed that limit all of your links will be disabled for a week if i'm not mistaken.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric Deumo

More
02 Jun 2014 20:51 #4623 by Thomas Hunziker
It's also to note that especially if you only record the actual speach, you can reduce the quality of the recording quite a bit to save file space. For example you for sure don't need to record stereo if you don't record music. You can also reduce the bit rate and sampling frequency. I think our sermons are usually around 5 MB for a 30min speach.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eric Deumo

More
21 Jun 2014 07:16 #4668 by Eric Deumo
You say: "In today's day and age you can find a hosting provider that will offer good hosting with unlimited file storage"
Please can you give me an example of hosting provider with this services which is not too expensive ? Our church is located in Africa; we want to bring this inovation with sermons online. Thank you and God bless.

Time to create page: 0.315 seconds