Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Upgrading from 4.4 to 5.1 without an upgrade butto

More
25 Apr 2014 01:23 #4546 by chris Duffy
Our old site was using Joomla 2.5x and SermonSpeaker (SS) 4.4 and we build a new site in Joomla 3.2.3 but we migrated everything over and then upgraded Joomla rather than using a fresh install. I went to the SS backoffice and everything is blank. I assume this is because the 4.4 version is not compatible but I don't see a way to upgrade otherwise. I looked into the upgrade status of our old site and SS didn't show any upgrades available. I can't go back and try to upgrade the old site because we are done with the new site other than the SS upgrade.

Should I install the latest SS version in the new site or will that overwrite all the sermons we have entered?
Is there a better/other way to upgrade?

I love your product and I have used it in both Wordpress and Joomla, and I don't want to look for another one.

Thank you for your assistance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2014 07:39 #4547 by Thomas Hunziker
Yo should be able to update SermonSpeaker to 4.5.8 on Joomla 2.5. If it doesn't show you the update, make sure you use the "Purge Cache" button in the Extension Manager -> Update view. And then "Find Updates" again.
If it still doesn't show, you can download the version from this site and install the zip using the installation method. It will do the same thing.

SermonSpeaker 4.5.8 will be compatible both with Joomla 2.5 and 3.x.

If you have updated SermonSpeaker to version 4.5.8, you can install 4.5.8 in the new installation as well and then copy over the database tables. After that you can update to the latest version.

Another way would be to manually make the needed database changes, but that's likely more work :)

More
25 Apr 2014 20:35 #4548 by chris Duffy
The problem for me is that I can't go back and update the old site so anything I do will have to be in the new 3.2.3 version.

I don't have a ton of sermons in there, mainly because the person who was adding the sermons, didn't continue adding them. Maybe the best thing is to just re-install...

More
25 Apr 2014 20:50 #4549 by Thomas Hunziker
Reinstall will not help you. You would have to drop the database tables and add all sermons again. Which is not the best option you have. But you could try to do that using the automatic creation function in the tools section.

You could also build a temporary J2.5 site and install SermonSpeaker 4.4 there, copy the tables from your 3.2.3 and update SermonSpeaker to 4.5.8. Then copy the tables back to your 3.2.3 with SermonSpeaker 4.5.8 installed there and update afterwards.

The SQL commands to manually update your installation would be in /administrator/components/com_sermonspeaker/sql/updates/mysql/. You can change the prefix from "#__" to your database prefix (like "jos_") and apply the commands manually.

More
25 Apr 2014 21:12 #4550 by chris Duffy
Thank you for your help! I do love Sermon Speaker.

Time to create page: 0.302 seconds