Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Sorting Table layouts for lists

More
05 Apr 2014 08:20 #4457 by Iain Lober
I seem to have a problem getting the sort function working using the table Title Headings of the lists displayed in the front end.

For the Sermons List, when I hover over "Title" I get "<strong>Title</strong><br />Click to sort by this column" displayed but no sorting takes place. The same occurs for the other column headers. See www.stalfreds.org.au/sta-media/all-sermons

For the Series List I don't get any extra HTML when I hover over the column headings but again sorting does not happen. See www.stalfreds.org.au/sta-media/sermons-by-series
(I've also tried to sort the Series records in the BackEnd by dragging and dropping the record using the three vertical dots but the order does not hold after I refresh the Series Manager page. However sorting Speakers using this method worked.)

For the Speakers List there is HTML when I hover over the column headings but no sort occurs. See www.stalfreds.org.au/sta-media/sermon-speakers

I do have the Load IcoMoon CSS option set to "Yes" in the Layouts SermonSpeaker options. I'm also using Amazon S3 to store my mp3s.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2014 11:40 #4458 by Thomas Hunziker
Can you tell me which version of Joomla and SermonSpeaker you are using? And also if you use the default table layout or an adjusted one?

Looks like something isn't loaded related to JavaScript.

More
05 Apr 2014 12:22 #4459 by Thomas Hunziker
I think I see the problem.
Try adding
Code:
JHtmlBehavior::framework();
at the top of your layoutfile. Just below the line with
Code:
defined('_JEXEC') or die();

More
06 Apr 2014 00:16 #4460 by Iain Lober
I'm using:
Joomla! 3.2.3
SermonSpeaker 5.1.2

I edited
public_html/components/com_sermonspeaker/views/sermons/tmpl/table.php
with you suggestion but couldn't see any change. I think I need to spend some more time understanding table layouts ...

Thanks for your help Thomas.

More
06 Apr 2014 00:21 #4461 by Iain Lober
I should have also said that I modified the following to remove the "Unpublished" label:
/public_html/components/com_sermonspeaker/views/sermons/tmpl/default_filters.php
And removed line 5:
<span class="label label-warning"><?php echo JText::_('JUNPUBLISHED'); ?></span>

I don't believe it has an impact on my current issue but happy to be proven wrong.

More
06 Apr 2014 09:15 #4462 by Thomas Hunziker

Iain Lober wrote: I should have also said that I modified the following to remove the "Unpublished" label:
/public_html/components/com_sermonspeaker/views/sermons/tmpl/default_filters.php
And removed line 5:
<span class="label label-warning"><?php echo JText::_('JUNPUBLISHED'); ?></span>

I don't believe it has an impact on my current issue but happy to be proven wrong.

That shouldn't have any impact :)

I actually found the source of the problem. It's related to a change in Joomla when the Tooltips got changed from MooTools to Bootstrap. Since then the function which generates those titles no longer load core.js, which is required by it.
I did a PR to fix that at github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/pull/3410 . However that will only work for Joomla 3.3 (which will be released later this month).

In your case, either
Code:
JHtmlBehavior::framework();
or
Code:
JHtml::_('behavior::framework');
should work.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds