Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

SEF URL Question... URL Rewriting

More
26 Feb 2014 22:07 #4386 by Jonathan Steele
I have been looking for an answer for this for quite some time and am having some issues, perhaps because I am not sure where to look. I am trying to turn on SEF URL's with rewriting and when I do so All Sermon Speaker links come up as "404"

I am running Joomla 3.2.2 and Sermon Speaker 5.1.2.

When I turn off the rewriting option it all works fine.

I contacted my host to see if it was an .htaccess file issue but they referred me to this forum saying that they discovered it was a known issue after a quick Google. I searched and found nothing that would say one thing or another hence my post.

My site is crossridgesherwood.com/ in case you need it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Feb 2014 22:24 #4387 by Thomas Hunziker
Is only SermonSpeaker doing strange things and do other extensions work? Then you can rule out the .htaccess file.

Also, are you using any special SEF component like sh404sef? Then the issue may be there and in its configuration options.

SermonSpeaker should work fine with the SEF options from Joomla core.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Steele

More
26 Feb 2014 22:38 #4388 by Jonathan Steele
Thanks for the quick response

Sorry I should of included that with the original post.

As far as I can tell all of the other extensions work. The only other one we use to create content is Ohanah. But I went through all the pages just to double check and make sure.

I had originally tried with sh404sef but ran into sililar issues. I uninstalled it and removed the database entries before trying the joomla core route. I think I would prefer the sh404sef route but I was trying to work step by step to see what the problem was.

It is a recently updated to joomla 3.2 from 2.5 site and Sermonspeaker updates to go along with it. I am wondering if there is something left behind from previous versions that is causing the issue.

More
26 Feb 2014 22:55 #4389 by Jonathan Steele
I am not sure what happened or why, but I deleted the menu entry and made another one with a different name and alias and it is working!

More
27 Feb 2014 07:35 #4390 by Thomas Hunziker
It should work with the same name and alias. Resaving the same menu item would probably have worked as well then.

There was a change related to menu items sometime long ago where I switched to "view" based menu items instead of "layout" based ones. It may be that your menu item was still an old one and thus failed to find the correct layout or something like this.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Steele

Time to create page: 0.171 seconds