Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Displays sermons in one category, not another

More
15 Nov 2013 10:46 #4083 by William Osborn
szeged.golgota.hu.2.golgota.hu/index.php/en/

I have set up a root category, and separate subcategories for the different types of series ("through the Bible", and " Topical Series" , with menu items which reference the respective categories. I have created one series for each and populated each series with sermons.

If you select the one series under "2012-2013 Topical Series" (7 Gyülekezet), it correctly displays the sermon list. But, if one selects the series "Nehemias" under "2012-2013 through the Bible", it displays "cant find any sermons"..

I have checked the categories/series/sermon records in the admin console, and I can't find any "mismatches" that would be causing the SQL query to fail on "Nehemias" in the " through the Bible", category, when it works properly on the series in the "Topical Series" category).

While the site has two language menus, the sermons are all bi-lingual, so I left everything in SermonSpeaker as "All", and the problem I mentioned above also occurs on the Hungarian menu items as well, so it doesn't appear to be language-related.

Your thoughts?

Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2013 11:20 #4084 by Thomas Hunziker
The URL doesn't work for me. Can you double check it?

From your description it's likely a category issue.
Did you assign the "Through the Bible" category also to the sermons (and speakers) in the "Nehemias" series?

More
15 Nov 2013 11:41 - 15 Nov 2013 12:06 #4085 by William Osborn
The address is " szeged.golgota.hu.2.golgota.hu/index.php/en " sorry about that, and don't be alarmed by the security certificate stuff, this is a temporary test URL.

Nehemias is correctly assigned to Through the BIble category, and the speaker for the sermons is the speaker whose category is also "through the Bible".
Last edit: 15 Nov 2013 12:06 by William Osborn.

More
15 Nov 2013 12:03 #4086 by Thomas Hunziker
I see the issue and you did everything right. It's a bug in the way SermonSpeaker tries to find a matching menu item for a link.
It creates a link

szeged.golgota.hu.2.golgota.hu/index.php...tok/serie/2-nehemias

but correct would be

szeged.golgota.hu.2.golgota.hu/index.php...uel/serie/2-nehemias

I'll have a look at it later today when I have more time.

More
15 Nov 2013 21:04 #4087 by Thomas Hunziker
Can you try the attached version if that fixes the issue?

File Attachment:

File Name: sermonspea...1-15.zip
File Size:2,917 KB
Attachments:

More
24 Jun 2014 13:58 #4680 by William Osborn
Re-opening this thread, because the "big-fix" version that you sent me last November worked at the time; however, the problem has re-appeared, this time in the topical studies (Showing no studies present in any series in the "Topical Studies" Category.

The URL has changed since we are now live with this site:

szeged.golgota.hu/index.php/en/tanitasok-3/2012-2013-sorozatok

but, clicking on any of the series seems to create the same "mismatch" of linking that you mentioned in a previous post in this thread. Perhaps one of the patches that you made (you sent me a special version of speaker in the previous post last November,) got "undone" in a later revision - I have been updating the component faithfully.

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.325 seconds