Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

JFTP::login: Unable to login

More
08 May 2011 14:42 #569 by Rev. Joel A. Brondos
The men who edit and upload the sermons tell me that they are getting the following error message when they try to upload sermons through frontendupload.

JFTP::login: Unable to login
JFTP::store: Unable to use passive mode
Warning! - Failed to move file.

From what little I can gather seraching the internet, it seems as though this might have something to do with Joomla's Global Configurations.

(1) If I turn OFF "Enable FTP," would that keep Sermon Speaker's frontendupload from working?

(2) The username in the Global Configuration FTP settings don't seem to match the Sermon Speaker frontenduploader - but that doesn't matter, does it?

(3) The "FTP Root" is blank in the Global Configuration. Is something needed there?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2011 16:27 #572 by Thomas Hunziker
(1) I never tested the Frontend Uploader with FTP mode enabled. My understanding is that it should work with it but I don't have a server set up to test this. The Frontend Uploader should run if you have it disabled, assuming the apacher user has the permission to write files to the specified directory.

(2) The FTP settings don't have anything to do with the Frontend Uploader settings.

(3) As said I don't fiddle with the FTP mode. So can't answer you this. I think you can test the settings with the Joomla Media Manager in the backend. If uploading works there, then the Joomla settings should be correct.

More
18 Dec 2011 20:03 #1286 by Robin Stephan
After a fresh install of Joomla! 7.1.3 I was running into this same issue. After searching Google for a solution I came upon your wonderful site. I hope you don't mind if I stick around.

Also, don't forget to update your Joomla version to 7.1.3, it fixes several issues if you're running 7.1. Here's the link: Joomla! 7.1.3 Download

Many thanks to Joel and Thomas for solving my Joomla problem!

More
18 Dec 2011 20:06 #1287 by Thomas Hunziker
You're welcome to stick around :-)

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds