Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

iTunes rejected my podcast feed URL

More
24 Feb 2015 21:52 #5097 by Alistair Kent
I just got the following email from iTunes:

--Start--

Dear podcast owner,

The podcast located at the URL shown below has been blocked or removed from the iTunes directory as a result of technical problems with the feed.

Name: The Rock Church
Feed URL: www.the-rock.org.uk/feed.html?format=raw

If you wish to reactivate your podcast in the iTunes directory, please troubleshoot your feed and check the functionality of each episode. To test your podcast, start iTunes, select Subscribe to Podcast from the Advanced menu, and enter your feed URL in the dialog box. If you can successfully subscribe to your podcast and listen to each of the episodes, you can reactivate your podcast by sending an email request to podcasts@apple.com.

For more information on troubleshooting feed problems and controlling the appearance of your podcast on iTunes, please see the podcast FAQ at www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/faq.html and technical specification at www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/techspecs.html .

Regards,
The iTunes Store team

--End--

Does anyone have any idea why it got rejected?

I entered this URL - www.the-rock.org.uk/index.php?option=com...monspeaker&view=feed (which I'm now guessing should have been teh URL I should have submitted to iTunes) - into the W3C Feed Validator, but the result of that URL was as follows...

--start--

timed out (Server timed out; misconfigured server?) [help]

Sorry

An error occurred while trying to validate this feed.

Possible causes:

The address may be incorrect. Make sure the address is spelled correctly. Try loading the feed directly in your browser to make sure a feed exists at that address.
The feed may be temporarily unavailable. The server may be down, or too slow. Try again later.
The validator may be busted. If the feed exists, the server is fine, and the problem is reproducible, let us know on the feedvalidator-users mailing list.

--end--

Any ideas anyone?

I did have a feed working a few years ago ( itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-rock-church-podcast/id406956871 ) but its not working now, so must have broken somehow, at some stage.

I'm using Joomla 2.5.28 and SermonSpeaker 4.5 and my site is www.the-rock.org.uk .

Thanks in anticipation, and God bless.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Feb 2015 21:54 #5098 by Andrei Chernyshev
It looks like they are going through and deleting duplicate and obsolute podcast feeds. I've gotten a few one was duplicate and another one was for legacy URL.

More
24 Feb 2015 21:55 #5099 by Alistair Kent
** UPDATE **

I just resubmittted that new URL again to the feed checker and it passed! Do you think all I need to do is submit this url...

www.the-rock.org.uk/index.php?option=com...monspeaker&view=feed

This is what the validator came back with...

--Start--

Congratulations!

[Valid RSS] This is a valid RSS feed.

Recommendations

This feed is valid, but interoperability with the widest range of feed readers could be improved by implementing the following recommendations.

line 86, column 36: Use commas to separate keywords (5 occurrences) [help]

<itunes:keywords>January 2015 Goal</itunes:keywords>
^

Source: www.the-rock.org.uk/index.php?option=com...monspeaker&view=feed

More
24 Feb 2015 22:02 #5100 by Thomas Hunziker
The first URL should be fine as well, and passes when I try with the feed validator. ( validator.w3.org/feed/check.cgi?url=http....html%3Fformat%3Draw )

So not sure what the issue was they had. Maybe your server was a bit slow and the request timed out?

More
24 Feb 2015 22:03 #5101 by Alistair Kent
Thask for prompt response Andrei!

What does that mean exactly? What do I need to do to make it work?

I'm a bit confused now aslo as they say my feed has been rejected, but I can now subscribe to my podcasts in iTunes (even though episodes have been duplicated!?!)

Any help in layman's terms would be appreciated :)

More
24 Feb 2015 22:04 #5102 by Alistair Kent
So what woudl you do next Thomas?

Time to create page: 0.315 seconds