Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Series List Category & Series Manager Ordering

More
01 Mar 2014 21:12 #4397 by Michael Dunkle
I have 2 issues:
1. Even though Category is a column option for Series List, it does not display on the front-end. Checking normal.php, it is not available as a column for display.

2. The Series Manager on the back-end appears to have issues in ordering. I have 10+ series defined across 4 categories. 3 of the categories are subcategories of a category. Each category is keeping it's own ordering, which means that I cannot place them in the order that I want for the Series List on the front-end. I'm attaching screenshots in the hopes that it makes clear what I'm seeing...

With what's happening in the Series Manager, I cannot make the front end display in Bible book order. I want all the Old Testament items first in order, then the New Testament in order w/ Other coming last. I cannot find a way to make it work.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Mar 2014 22:21 #4399 by Thomas Hunziker
1. That's true, the "normal" layout doesn't support showing categories. Newer layouts built for Joomla 3.0 (the Protostar ones) support it.
You can make a copy of the "normal" layout and adjust it to your needs. The Protostar ones can guide you how to do it. The data should be there.
There is some documentation about layouts here: www.sermonspeaker.net/documentation/layouting.html

2. The series manager looks fine. You can only order within a given category. That's per design and is consistent with other managers in Joomla 2.5 (like the article manager).

The ordering in frontend could be a bit tricky to achieve. You'd have to change the model for that. That's the file /components/com_sermonspeaker/models/series.php
There is currently this code:
Code:
// Add the list ordering clause. $query->order($db->escape($this->getState('list.ordering', 'ordering')).' '.$db->escape($this->getState('list.direction', 'ASC')));
I think it could work if you change this to
Code:
// Add the list ordering clause. $order = $this->getState('list.ordering', 'ordering'); $dir = $this->getState('list.direction', 'ASC'); if($order == 'ordering') { $order = $db->escape('c_series.ordering') . ' ' . $dir . ', ' . $db->escape('series.ordering') . ' ' . $dir; } else { $order = $db->escape($order) . ' ' . $db->escape($dir); } $query->order($order);

Can you test this?

More
01 Mar 2014 23:54 #4401 by Michael Dunkle
I did add a layout override in the normal.php file. In part, I pointed this out b/c Category is a column option for all of the available views. I checked 3 & found that none of the ones I checked displayed the column on 4.5.8 As it's available in the admin interface, I would suggest this might be a bug. If I can get my other issues completed, I will see if I might be able to create a merge request to address this.

Thanks for giving #2 some thought. I've tried to add the fix that you suggested. Unfortunately, the categories table no longer contains the ordering column. I'm playing w/ the sql to see what might work in place of that column.

Thanks,

Mike

More
02 Mar 2014 00:05 #4402 by Michael Dunkle
Changing c_series.ordering to c_series.lft does the trick here! Thanks.

More
02 Mar 2014 08:24 #4403 by Thomas Hunziker

Michael Dunkle wrote: Changing c_series.ordering to c_series.lft does the trick here! Thanks.

Ah yes, didn't think of those :)

More
02 Mar 2014 08:29 #4404 by Thomas Hunziker

Michael Dunkle wrote: I did add a layout override in the normal.php file. In part, I pointed this out b/c Category is a column option for all of the available views. I checked 3 & found that none of the ones I checked displayed the column on 4.5.8 As it's available in the admin interface, I would suggest this might be a bug.

It's not really a bug, but rather a historical thing. When I created the new Protostar layouts for Joomla 3, I added some additional columns which could be shown. However I didn't change the existing layouts for Joomla 2.5. There are other columns which don't show in those as well.

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds