Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Iphone player

More
16 Mar 2013 11:13 - 16 Mar 2013 11:19 #3243 by Ian
Iphone player was created by Ian
I did do a hack before to get the earlier version to display the player correctly in an iphone; but wondering of anyone else has been able to on the newer version without me having to reinvent the wheel :-)

Currently the...
1. JWplyer rendition, diverts the phone into a separate (quicktime) screen, rather than playing live of the actual page; with html5 player controls.
2. the wordpress player (my preferred) shows an error: "Cannot play audio file" [can't find this expression anywhere in files for sermon speaker, or in lang files - so guessing it may be being generated by the iphone itself - very difficult to reverse engineer in the iphone context - no firebug to have a quicjk look under the hood :-)]

On my previous hack, I had the wordpress palyer as the fallback flash player, but the link I created played as html5 player on the page itself (which to my logic should be how such things should work natively)

Anyway - the 'player' syntax looks like it has changed for the newer release, thus my previous hack no longer works; so may have to go digging to see where the player code is generated.

If anyone has ideas, if they can post back here....

Thanks

ian

www.centrechurch.org.au/sermons.html

PS - with sh404sef, the Joomla created link directly to the 'sermons' area, always ends up on page 3 or 4 instead of at the beginning (ie last added shown first); so have had to dodgy an extra url alias to do what I want
ie actual link as
index.php?option=com_sermonspeaker&Itemid=260&lang=en&limitstart=0&month=0&view=sermons&year=0

this may be an sh404sef glitch - not sure

I see I just received an email about 4.5.1 - but doesn;t look like it is addressing these issues.

Great tool though - wouldn;t have it any other way :-)
Last edit: 16 Mar 2013 11:19 by Ian.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2013 14:49 #3246 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Iphone player
The Wordpress player has your suggestion built-in now. It should fall back to HTML if no Flash is installed. The error you see is probably coming from Wordpress player itself.

The JW Player threats the audio files as a video. That is why the HTML5 version opens in a new screen instead of playing native in the page. Unfortunately that's not something I can change on my part.

With the new way how the playerclass works it would be much easier to include an own customized player. each player has now its own class in /components/com_sermonspeaker/helpers/player/.
Each class is named following this format:
Code:
SermonspeakerHelperPlayerPlayername extends SermonspeakerHelperPlayer
where "Playername" is the name of the file you've choosen. Filename and Playername in the classname need to match.
Each class needs the following functions:
  • "isSupported($file)" which checks on the $file if the player supports the filetype. Usually it's a check for an extension but could be anything. It has to return false if not supported or anything else if supported.
  • "getName()" has to return the name of the player how it will show in the SermonSpeaker backend settings. SermonSpeaker will automatically pick up that player and show it as an option in the playerlist
  • "preparePlayer($item, $config)" does the actual job of creating the playerobject. It should populate the properties of the playerclass which are then used in the layouts.

So if you want to make some changes to an existing player, just copy the classfile, rename it, adjust the classname and the getName() function and the hack your way through the file. You can then select your new shiny player in the backend. It will not be overwritten with a SermonSpeaker update. You can even share the class here if you like.

Since sh404sef is a commercial extension, I can't support it here. I can only make sure everything works with Joomla standard SEF.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.278 seconds