Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Changing translation of Scripture for one Sermon

More
28 Dec 2011 19:36 - 28 Dec 2011 19:44 #1305 by Bob
Hi,

I am using the ScriptureLinks extension, and have the default translation set to NASB, since that's the most common translation used by our speakers. But sometimes somebody uses a different translation, and I would like the scripture reference link generated by SermonSpeaker to align with the scripture passage read in the recorded sermon. I tried the normal markup content tags used by ScriptureLinks e.g. "{bible 31} Matthew 1:18-23 {/bible}" in the "Scripture" field, but that is having no effect. Is there no way to override the default translation for the scripture link for an individual Sermon generated by your integration with the extension via the SermonSpeaker "Scripture" field?

Thanks,
Bob
Last edit: 28 Dec 2011 19:44 by Bob.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2011 19:46 #1306 by Andrei Chernyshev
There is but you'll have to turn off replace all links feature in plugins for scripture links. note that you'll have to add in {bible xx}{/bible} for other passages also.

More
28 Dec 2011 20:04 #1307 by Bob
Thanks. Any clue where I can find documentation on what "Replace all links" does exactly?

More
28 Dec 2011 20:49 #1308 by Andrei Chernyshev
Replace All Links, creates a link for all scripture links. there is no need to use {bible xx}{/bible} tags. it detects bible verses and inserts link automatically. the actual forum for scripture links is here.
www.mlwebtechnologies.com/forum

More
28 Dec 2011 22:22 #1309 by Thomas Hunziker
Andrei is probably right, he uses the plugin himself and knows more about it than I do :-)

Just want to add that SermonSpeaker "only" does a generic processing of content plugins, it has no special integration of the ScriptureLinks plugin. So if anything doesn't work as expected, the faulty behaviour has to be searched in the plugin, not in SermonSpeaker.

More
29 Dec 2011 00:53 #1310 by Andrei Chernyshev
one of the 1st things "Replace All Links" feature does, is it removes all {bible xx}{/bible} tags that's why it will not work if its enabled.

Time to create page: 0.312 seconds