Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Database reading

• stephen
  • stephen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
16 Nov 2011 02:01 #1192 by stephen
Database reading was created by stephen
Hello,

Is there any possible way if you know your SQL to write a database entry for one site into the sermon speaker sermons. Here's what I'm trying to achieve we have one website that we use a MySQL database to pretty much make an entry for a media archive with a preview pic. Would this work? The only thing i'm wondering is this what would we have to write so that the MP3 is only written to the sermon speaker sermon for a specific series.

Here's a basic idea of what i'm trying to achieve

DB Fields in db we have Sermon Speaker
StreamName < Reads this Writes into > Videofile Field and the DB already setup knows the location so the path doesn't have to be inputted.
mp4:filename.mp4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Nov 2011 10:29 #1194 by Thomas Hunziker
I'm not exactly sure if I understood you correct.
You want an extern script/site to add sermons to SermonSpeaker? This would be possible as long as the script has access to the Joomla database. SermonSpeaker takes all it's infos from the database tables. #__sermon_sermons is the one responsible for the sermons. There are two more tables for speakers and series. Have a look at them and fill it how you need it.

If you want your extern script take the info from SermonSpeaker and populate its own tables from it, then you have to use either the RSS feed for it or again directly access the database tables (if possible).

• stephen
  • stephen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 Nov 2011 15:11 #1207 by stephen
Replied by stephen on topic Re: Database reading
How do i change the color of the lists so that they all are the same color. If you go to www.southsidealliance.org then go to ssa.tv > Media Archive you will notice the pattern goes light dark light dark i would like to make it so that it all goes dark because of the template change.

More
18 Nov 2011 15:15 #1208 by Andrei Chernyshev
try this.
Code:
.odd { background:none; }
put it all the way in the bottom of your general.css file for template.

More
18 Nov 2011 15:17 #1209 by Andrei Chernyshev
by the way if you have chrome, you can use element inspector and see what styles you need to disable or change.

More
18 Nov 2011 16:23 #1210 by Thomas Hunziker

Andrei Chernyshev wrote: by the way if you have chrome, you can use element inspector and see what styles you need to disable or change.

IE has such a function built in as well (F12 - Development Tools) and FireFox has the Firebug Addon which also has such a function.
It helps a lot if you use one of this tools :)

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds