Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

Frontend Dropdowns Not Populated

More
18 Oct 2011 22:03 - 18 Oct 2011 22:03 #1113 by Web Admin
First let me say your work here is huge to churches getting the message out!

My question is that I have everything working great on the backend and frontend BUT when I go to add a Message from the frontend I can get the mp3 and titles ad all but anything that is populating from the directories does not work.

Audio File
Video ile
Select Speaker
Select Series
Select Catagory
Published
Additional File

The paths are set and are working in the back, permissions are set to create, am I missing something?

Thanks

Jeff
Last edit: 18 Oct 2011 22:03 by Web Admin.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Oct 2011 22:22 #1114 by Thomas Hunziker
You're using SermonSpeaker 4.2.1 and Joomla 1.7.1?
What do you mean with "does not work" exactly? The lists don't appear at all, or they appear but don't get populated? Or they don't save?

More
19 Oct 2011 16:03 #1115 by Web Admin
Im sorry, the Dropdowns appear, but they do not populate with any information from the directories on my server. In the backend they will fill with the pictures from the directory or the mp3 from that directory, but on the frontend these do not fill up. I'm not sure whats wrong.

More
19 Oct 2011 16:27 #1116 by Thomas Hunziker
That's interesting. The lists are in fact generated by the exact same files for the backend and frontend.
The ones for category and published even are Joomla own fields.
Also the series and speakers list would have been populated from the database, so we probably can rule out file permission issues.

What versions of Joomla and SermonSpeaker are you using?
Can you maybe set up a test account for me so I can have a look? If so please send the credentials to bakual@bakual.ch (don't post them here!).

Maybe your template does something funny with the select lists? Allthough I'm not sure how that would be done but it's my best guess at the moment.

More
21 Oct 2011 17:24 #1119 by Thomas Hunziker
After looking at your site, it's indeed the template.
The lists populate, but the template colors the lists with white text on black (or maybe transparent?) background. This works fine in Firefox, but unfortunately IE ignores the background color for select lists and so we have a white text on white background. A funny combination :)

More
02 Nov 2011 19:48 #1151 by Web Admin
Thanks for your help, I will look into the template and see if I can make a css adjustment to get it to work.

Again, Great Work!!!

Time to create page: 0.299 seconds