Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Problem with player

More
23 Jul 2011 08:38 #795 by Thomas Hunziker

georgios wrote: Thank you for your quick answer! I'll try to do with arabic letters today, but the problem is that the site is addressed to Greek believers and the titles sould be in Greek letters...

I'm not sure how Andrei handles this with his russian characters but I would name the files somehow in latin (sorry not arabic *g*) letters. The title, speaker and such things could all be stuffed in the id3 tags which can contain all the greek letters you wish.
The problem really is only that the file needs to be accessible as a valid URL, and the Web isn't really built to support non-ASCII URLs. It's all done by encoding the special characters into some ASCII standard. Also some browser may have more problems than others. Best is always to name files on the internet all lowercase latin characters without any special characters like spaces. Think of DOS with it's filename restrictions and you're on the safe side :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2011 09:33 #796 by georgios
Replied by georgios on topic Re: Problem with player
I will first translate the language/en-GB/en-GB.com_sermonspeaker.ini

I will email it to you and if it is OK I'll do the rest!

More
23 Jul 2011 10:02 #797 by Thomas Hunziker
That would be great!
Email is bakual@bakual.ch if you don't know already :)

More
23 Jul 2011 10:04 #798 by georgios
OK! Greetings from Greece!

More
23 Jul 2011 10:07 #799 by Andrei Chernyshev
i'm using Latin characters to avoid any problems. and not too many people see file name unless they download the sermon.

More
23 Jul 2011 10:09 #800 by georgios

Andrei Chernyshev wrote: i'm using Latin characters to avoid any problems. and not too many people see file name unless they download the sermon.

The problem is that I should have my sermons in Greek letters.. It is ok. I won't have the player..

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds