Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

ogg vorbis streaming possible?

• rbouman
  • rbouman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 Jul 2011 01:07 #765 by rbouman
ogg vorbis streaming possible? was created by rbouman
Firstly, a BIG thankyou to the developers of SermonSpeaker. It's simply sensational and there really isn't anything else that'll do the job so well. Thanks again.

To my question [and I've had a cursory look/n/search on the 3.x forum];

rather than streaming mp3, is it possible to stream [audio] ogg?
There's 2 reasons for me wanting to use ogg;
1. smaller size for a given audio recording
2. [and i'm a bit confused on this one] no copyright/patent hassles for streaming our own [that's our church's] podcasts currently using mp3 technology [does a church have to worry about that?]

As you may have gathered, I'm a noobie and will gladly stand corrected on my misgivings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2011 08:08 #766 by Thomas Hunziker
As I understand it there is no need for a license for creating and streaming own files. The mp3 license has to be paid by the one who uses the code in the recording software. This means you usually have to pay for a software that can write mp3.

SermonSpeaker uses the JW Flash player from longtail. According to their tech specs ( www.longtailvideo.com/players/jw-player/tech-specs/ ) the Flash player doesn't support ogg, but the HTML5 fallback does depeneding on the browser.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds