Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Create speaker in frontend

• Tony Morrison
  • Tony Morrison's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 Jun 2011 19:08 #650 by Tony Morrison
Create speaker in frontend was created by Tony Morrison
Hi,
Is there a way to create (add) a speaker in the frontend upload. It appears the only way to add a speaker is to do it manually from the backend. I would like for registered users to have the ability to list themselves as speakers for there own sermons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jun 2011 19:50 #651 by Thomas Hunziker
At the moment it is only possible in the backend.

Maybe this can be implemented in a future release as it is a good idea (same for series as well). But at the moment I lack the time to do anything.

• Tony Morrison
  • Tony Morrison's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
12 Jun 2011 21:58 #652 by Tony Morrison
Replied by Tony Morrison on topic Re: Create speaker in frontend
Hi,
This is something that I am really interested in having on my site. I would like to see if you do customization to add this feature and what it would cost. You could implement it in one of two ways. The first we already mentioned were a user could create (add)a speaker in the frontend upload or you could integrate it for registered user so that when a user creates a sermon it will automatically associate the user with the sermon and list them as the speaker. Let me know if this is something that we can do.

More
13 Jun 2011 08:20 #653 by Thomas Hunziker
First thing is that I don't add any more features to SermonSpeaker 3.x. All new features will go to SermonSpeaker 4.x (for Joomla 1.6).
The other thing is the one I already mentioned: Unfortunately I just don't have the time at the moment. This will most likely change in some weeks or months but at the moment I can't do anything for SermonSpeaker.

But I keep your idea in mind for sure.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds