Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Podcast Instructions

More
10 Jan 2011 21:18 #38 by Andrei Chernyshev
is there a instructions link for podcast setup?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2011 21:24 #39 by Thomas Hunziker
Not yet.

Do you need help with something specific? Or just a general guide?

More
10 Jan 2011 21:30 #40 by Andrei Chernyshev
Just Instructions, trying to set it up for another site and want something i can go by so that i'm not missing things.

More
10 Jan 2011 21:44 - 10 Jan 2011 21:51 #41 by Thomas Hunziker
I'll try to put together a FAQ entry tomorrow. For now I can offer a short step-by-step guide :)

1. Open the global SermonSpeaker parameters. At the bottom of the list there are two sections, one named SermonCast and one named SermonCast - iTunes. First has general parameters for an RSS feed, and the second one is more iTunes specific. Set and save everything as needed. All parameters should have a mouseover tooltip explaining it a bit deeper.
  2. Make sure the sermons are enabled (green) for SermonCast in the Sermons Manager
  3. Create a menu entry for the SermonSpeaker - RSS Feed (Podcast) view and/or
  4. Install the SermonCast module (default values will work)
Congratulation - you've got a working RSS Feed (Podcast).
Actually, the last two steps are only needed so you have a link to the Podcast on your site. The Podcast itself will work without a menu entry or the SermonCast module at all.

Now the part with the iTunes Store starts. For this I suggest you read the instructions from Apple itself:
www.apple.com/itunes/podcasts/specs.html#submitting

One thing to remember: A Podcast URL should never change, or it will break for the existing subscribers. This is the reason why the SermonCast module generates an URL without SEF. SEF URLs may change if you ever change the alias for a specific menu entry, which will break Podcasts.
So if you submit a Podcast to the iTunes Store, use the non SEF URL to do so. It may look more cluttered but is much more failproof :)

The non-sef URL for the SermonSpeaker Podcast looks like this:
www.sermonspeaker.net/index.php?option=c...monspeaker&view=feed
Last edit: 10 Jan 2011 21:51 by .

More
12 Jan 2011 12:51 #43 by Thomas Hunziker

More
18 Jan 2011 22:25 #88 by Mike Miller
Hi I read through all you had on podcast feeds. Thank you for doing that! My podcast still is not showing a valid rss feed when I go to validate. I setup everything accordingly but i keep getting this error:

<b>Warning</b>: htmlspecialchars() expects at most 3 parameters, 4 given in <b…

Any ideas? thanks here is my website sermon page.

Thanks again MIKE

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds