Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

sermonspeaker can't work

More
04 Feb 2011 14:56 #219 by Name
Replied by Name on topic Re: sermonspeaker can't work
In the backend, go to compontents -> sermonspeaker. In the right top (or middle of the screen) there is a button called 'options'. Click it, and check all the settings in it. I assume that you haven't done this before so have a quick look over all the settings, but especially the folders (one of the first)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Feb 2011 16:50 #220 by Thomas Hunziker
I have a guess, but not sure if it's the case.
When you create a new sermon, SermonSpeaker will create a list of sermons and additional files for you to select from. This list is generated on-the-fly by the JFolder::files function from Joomla. This is also the function that gives you the timeout error.
This function will list all files in a given folder, which in our case is specified in the SermonSpeaker parameters (with "images" as the default folder). In SermonSpeaker it is also set up to include subdirectories into the result.

Now this could generate issues if you have many files stored in the "images" folder and its subdirectories.

A simple way is to specify a special directory where all your sermons are stored.

Also I'm wondering if we really need to search the subdirectories as well. Maybe I could also add an option where you can select the behaviour. This could speed up things as well

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.158 seconds