Support for SermonSpeaker 3.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 1.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 4.x, which is better anyway.

Sermons by Year

More
05 Jan 2012 13:19 #1330 by Jonathan Cordery
Hello Is there a way just to show an archive of sermons from a year instead of a particular Month? It would be handy if this is possible.

Thanks

Jonathan Cordery

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Jan 2012 13:44 - 05 Jan 2012 13:45 #1331 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Re: Sermons by Year
With SermonSpeaker 3.4.3 and the latest Archive module it should be possible to do that. Look in the options of the module, there is a switch for this.

Of course it's also possible with SermonSpeaker 4.x :)
Last edit: 05 Jan 2012 13:45 by Thomas Hunziker.

More
05 Jan 2012 14:14 - 05 Jan 2012 14:15 #1332 by Jonathan Cordery
Thanks for the quick reply, I didn't really want to get it up as a module but as a list but I did as you said and created the module on a demo page and in doing that I got the web address for the list. I am going to just copy the list web address to the page I want to have the links displayed on. I may update to the new version later this year when I upgrade to version 1.7 on Joomla

Jonathan Cordery
Last edit: 05 Jan 2012 14:15 by Jonathan Cordery.

More
05 Jan 2012 14:47 #1333 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Re: Sermons by Year
If you drop the month parameter from the URL and only pass a year parameter, it will just show a list for this year then.
The module does in fact nothing else, only that it creates SEF URLs for those links :)

More
05 Jan 2012 14:59 #1334 by Jonathan Cordery
Yes I've done that and It's working great for what I want it to do. We mainly have our sermons in text format so I use the notes section for the sermon (this is what the minister likes, We do have video in the church so we may use SermonSpeaker for this when the current minister finishes end of next year -I like the fact that we will still be able to keep the old sermons in text format but have new sermons in video or audio but for it still to keep in a list of sermons all organised.

Many Thanks

Jonathan Cordery

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds