Improve OpenGraph

• Eduard
  • Eduard's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 Mar 2013 19:16 #3251 by Eduard
Replied by Eduard on topic Improve OpenGraph
About special chars... Yes, double quote breaks meta-tag. We often uses double quotes in sermons title. Anyway a good practice verify "users entered data" for html-safe before rendering to html.

Let us return to facebook :)
If OpenGraph metatags is not available in html header, then facebook uses regular title and description - it's working great!
If og:description equal regular description, then in OpenGraph idea does not make sense.

Primarily OpenGraph is a protocol designed to logically and semantically aggregate data on the Internet, for non-search engines (at least for now time). And it's normal and naturally a have differents regular meta and OpenGraph meta in html header.

So, I think that at this moment OpenGraph functionality in SS can be expanded!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Mar 2013 20:06 #3252 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Improve OpenGraph
I will take care of the double quotes :-)

I still don't see why og:description should be different from the meta description. They serve the exact same purpose in that they contain a description of the page. They could even be combined into the same meta tag according to some websites I found.
In fact a generic description is considered bad style, the description should be as detailed as possible and at least two sentences long.

If you want to adjust it for yourself, you can edit the /components/com_sermonspeaker/views/sermon/view.html.php file yourself. The og tags are populated near the end of the file.

• Eduard
  • Eduard's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
18 Mar 2013 22:00 #3270 by Eduard
Replied by Eduard on topic Improve OpenGraph
Cool, it turns out is encountered two opinions! It is a pity that no one else joined this discus.
Well... let these meta tags will remain as is.
I began to doubt that I rattled off here :huh: Still review this issue is on the Internet. Maybe here really should be all easier.

More
26 Mar 2013 11:04 #3314 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Improve OpenGraph
Double quotes are properly escaped with SermonSpeaker 4.5.2 :)

Time to create page: 0.286 seconds