Support for AnalyzingTool Piwik

More
05 Feb 2013 12:13 #2992 by Martini
Hi Thomas,
the last few days I was looking around for a analyze and statistics tool for my joomla-website.
I don't want to use googleanalytics because of their datamanagement and the fact, that I have to transmit all my site-activities to google-servers for analyzation.

The best alternative I found is Piwik (Open Spurce Piwik-Link ),
who can be installed on my own host.

Have you ever worked with SermonSpeaker and Piwik and have found a way to record the downloads?
Or better, can you implement a support for Piwik? :cheer:

I tested Piwik on my Joomla 2.5 and it works very well.
The only thing that doesnt't work are to capture the downloads of sermonspeaker-component.
Piwik detect all links with different endings like zip, pfd, mp3, rar, ... as Downloadlinks.
Additionally there is the possibility to define a custom tag to mark a link as download e.g. <a class="downloadtag" href="path/to/download.php">
Problem for me: the download button is not a regular link but a onclickevent. :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2013 12:34 #2993 by Thomas Hunziker
I don't know Piwik myself, but you could always create your own layout with a proper formatted link and class which points to the download function.
In fact the icon layout already has such a link and a "download" class. You could try with this one if it works.

More
06 Feb 2013 11:11 - 06 Feb 2013 11:12 #2997 by Martini
Cool,
nice to have some different layout with different options to have a working example to look at.

I used the php code from icon-layout and css-code, which will make the link looks like a button
Code:
<a id="sermon_download" href="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?task=download&id='.$this->item->slug.'&type=audio'); ?>" class="countdownload"> <?php echo 'Download Audio'; ?> </a>

CSS: www.usabilitypost.com/2012/01/10/pressed...on-state-with-css3/#

In the nfrPiwik-Plugin I had to add the first line dependent on the link-class:
Code:
piwikTracker.setDownloadClasses( "countdownload" ); // new line piwikTracker.trackPageView(); piwikTracker.enableLinkTracking();

Now all clicks on "Download Audio"-Button are captured as Download in Piwik
Last edit: 06 Feb 2013 11:12 by Martini.

Time to create page: 0.276 seconds