new modul and different view

More
02 Dec 2011 18:12 #1239 by marsu
you would have to cache the query, but a ordering after the settings in the backand is also a good way. Sorry for my dumb question but how do you chance the ordering in the backend?

And a new suggestion:

a function in the module to generate more than one row for the preachers.

So I could publish the module under the sermons.

THX

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2011 22:00 #1240 by Thomas Hunziker
Module output should be able to be cached by Joomla anyway. I never worked with the Joomla cache and thus never tested it :-)

The ordering can be set in the respective backend view. Sort the sermons/series/speakers after the "ordering" column and you can shift them around or enter new values for the order.

You mean a layout which is showing all preachers in line? You can actually do that yourself in your template. The list is a simple HTML list which can be formatted with CSS the way you like it. You can add a custom CSS class to the module and then apply specific CSS rules to this classes ul and li entries.
Your layout probably does the same thing already for the horizontal menu, which most likely is a regular HTML list as well :-)

More
04 Dec 2011 15:22 #1242 by marsu
No not exactly, for example i have 30 Preachers and i want to show them in 3 columns.
So that the module generate for every ten preachers a new coulmn.

More
04 Dec 2011 19:31 - 04 Dec 2011 19:31 #1243 by Thomas Hunziker
You could still do that with CSS I think.
Basically if you left float every <li> it will show each speaker in line and begin a new line as soon as it reaches the border.
Something along the line
Code:
ul { width: 100em; } ul li { float: left; width: 10em; }
This would create a list with 10 speaker in a line, with each speaker being 10em width. The sizes have to be adjusted according to you speaker names of course.
Last edit: 04 Dec 2011 19:31 by Thomas Hunziker.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds