changing table widths

More
22 Feb 2012 17:35 #1541 by Thomas Hunziker
Ah, good find. CSS can be tricky sometimes :)

The "category" class is a class which is used also by core components (like com_content) when they show tables.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2012 19:45 #1542 by B.Pohl

Thomas Hunziker wrote: The "category" class is a class which is used also by core components (like com_content) when they show tables.

Thanks Thomas,
I am assuming then that by setting the css in media/com_sermonspeaker/css/sermonspeaker.css, it won't conflict with other components :-)

More
22 Feb 2012 20:57 #1543 by Andrei Chernyshev
actually if you put it in there if you upgrade sermonspeaker you might overwrite the changes.

More
22 Feb 2012 21:25 - 22 Feb 2012 21:25 #1544 by B.Pohl

Andrei Chernyshev wrote: actually if you put it in there if you upgrade sermonspeaker you might overwrite the changes.

aaah, good point. Thanks. Is there a place where I can write it where it won't conflict with other components, and that it won't be over-written?
Last edit: 22 Feb 2012 21:25 by B.Pohl.

More
22 Feb 2012 21:29 #1545 by Andrei Chernyshev
best place to put it, is in your template's css file. custom.css i think for your template is last one executed.

More
22 Feb 2012 22:27 #1547 by Thomas Hunziker
Custom CSS should always be done in one of the templates CSS files.

If you want to make sure it doesn't conflict with other extensions, you could specify the CSS rule a bit closer.
Each view from SermonSpeaker has a div container with a unique class. This allows you to apply CSS formats only for SermonSpeaker (or even specific views).
For example:
Code:
div.ss-sermons-container table.category{ width:100%; }
Would only apply the formatting to the sermons list table.

Time to create page: 0.305 seconds