Many files have CRLF line terminators

More
24 Jun 2016 11:09 - 24 Jun 2016 11:15 #6184 by Ken Lee
Dear Thomas,
I noticed a difference in version 5.5.2 compared to older version is that there are many files whose lines are ended with CRLF like DOS files. e.g.
[com_sermonspeaker]# find . -type f | xargs -i file {}|more
./router.php: C++ source, ASCII text, with CRLF line terminators
./sermonspeaker.php: PHP script, UTF-8 Unicode text
./controller.php: C++ source, UTF-8 Unicode text
./controllers/file.json.php: C++ source, UTF-8 Unicode text, with CRLF line terminators
./controllers/file.php: C++ source, UTF-8 Unicode text, with CRLF line terminators
./controllers/frontendupload.php: C++ source, UTF-8 Unicode text, with CRLF line terminators
./controllers/script.php: C++ source, UTF-8 Unicode text
./controllers/serie.json.php: C++ source, UTF-8 Unicode text, with CRLF line terminators
./controllers/serie.php: C++ source, UTF-8 Unicode text
./controllers/serieform.php: C++ source, UTF-8 Unicode text, with CRLF line terminators
./controllers/speakerform.php: C++ source, UTF-8 Unicode text, with CRLF line terminators

There was no files with such CRLF endings at an old 5.4.6 version. I am worried if there is any ill effect.
One big problem is when I diff old and new version it gives me the whole file!
Thank you for your attention.
Ken
Last edit: 24 Jun 2016 11:15 by Ken Lee. Reason: Added One big problem is when I diff old and new version it gives me the whole file!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jun 2016 15:56 #6186 by Thomas Hunziker
There should be no issue when there are wrong line endings, but I changed all to LF now, which is how it should be for a Joomla extension :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ken Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds