Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Which player for Androids

More
13 Jul 2015 20:40 #5408 by Curtis Cantrell
Which player should I select if I want users of Androids to be able to play the sermons, as well as those with Apple devices. It seems like all my friends with Androids are not able to play the sermons

www.ahbaptistchurch.org/index.php/resources/sermons

I have JW Player 5 selected and JW Player Mode Flash > HTML5 _ Download
Are there any settings where I can make the Android user experience better?
Thank you,
Curtis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2015 21:25 #5410 by Thomas Hunziker
Android phones, like most mobile devices don't support Flash. JW Player has some built-in logic which will fall back to HTML5 in case the device doesn't support Flash. Or you can set it to first try HTML5 and then fall back to Flash. That's up to you what you prefer.
Android phones should be able to play mp3 files fine using HTML5.
You could try with another player if it works better then.

More
13 Jul 2015 21:28 #5411 by Andrei Chernyshev
Hi Thomas can you also add audio and video html5 tags to your player libraries? think this would be good addition.

More
13 Jul 2015 21:45 #5412 by Thomas Hunziker
You mean a plain HTML5 player? If you set JW Player (or Flowplayer) to HTML5 mode, that's basically what you have then. With an added JavaScript API and playlists and the like.

More
13 Jul 2015 21:47 - 13 Jul 2015 21:47 #5413 by Andrei Chernyshev
I meant this one.
Code:
<audio controls> <source src="horse.ogg" type="audio/ogg"> <source src="horse.mp3" type="audio/mpeg"> Your browser does not support the audio element. </audio> <video width="320" height="240" controls> <source src="movie.mp4" type="video/mp4"> <source src="movie.ogg" type="video/ogg"> Your browser does not support the video tag. </video>
Last edit: 13 Jul 2015 21:47 by Andrei Chernyshev.

More
13 Jul 2015 22:18 #5414 by Thomas Hunziker
Yep, that is a plain HTML5 player. It will use the default browser controls.
The HTML5 mode from JW Player uses those tags as well, but adds JavaScript around it and replaces the browser native controls with own controls. Which makes it much more customisable and will look the same on each browser.

Time to create page: 0.307 seconds