Support for SermonSpeaker 4.x is canceled as it is for Joomla 2.5. I will gladly assist you with minor issues but I will not fix any bugs anymore in this releases.
The fix is to upgrade to SermonSpeaker 5.x and Joomla 3.x, which is better anyway.

selective download

More
21 Apr 2013 18:42 #3411 by Jason Adams
Thomas,

thanks for all your hard work, this component is awesome and rivals the pay alternatives.

recently people have requested that we put some of the songs we sing on our site to make available to people. the issue we run into doing that is copyright issues, if there was a way to make it to where one could only listen but not download that would solve most of our problems. i looked in layouts & options but didn't really see a way to isolate certain files where they could only be played but not downloaded. is there something i'm missing? can u point me in the right direction?

thanks,
Jason

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Apr 2013 19:18 #3412 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic selective download
It's not possible in SermonSpeaker due to the location where the files are stored.

In SermonSpeaker the files need to be withing the Joomla root directory so they are accessible over the internet. We need this since we directly link to the files from the feed and the players.

If you want to secure your files, you need to store the files outside the root directory so they're not accessible using an URL. You then use PHP to dynamically read the file and you also probably need a custom player. But that is out of the scope of SermonSpeaker and more in the realm of file managing extensions.

More
22 Apr 2013 19:26 #3418 by Andrei Chernyshev
You might want to check out Vimeo. they have ability to restrict downloads, embeds and so on. but please note that they have their own copy right laws that you have to check before you upload anything there.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds