Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Joomla 4 ready?

More
14 Sep 2020 16:50 #7728 by K A R Wright
Joomla 4 ready? was created by K A R Wright
Hi Thomas
Just coming to check if you're expecting to provide a J4 compatible version or will the latest one work ok as I'm about to try out their beta upgrade shortly on a test site? :)
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2020 18:07 #7729 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Joomla 4 ready?
I know there will be one :-)
Actually, there is already since the first alpha. I've release an alpha version for SermonSpeaker 6.0.0 back then: github.com/Bakual/SermonSpeaker/releases/tag/6.0.0-alpha1

The code in github.com/Bakual/SermonSpeaker/tree/SermonSpeaker6 works in the latest Joomla 4 version, but I haven't tested it yet heavily. And there is no update path yet (updateserver and scripts).

The plan will be that you update Joomla to version 4, and then you will see the update for SermonSpeaker to version 6.
SermonSpeaker 6 will likely not work in Joomla 3.10.

More
15 Sep 2020 15:20 #7730 by K A R Wright
Replied by K A R Wright on topic Joomla 4 ready?
I can't tell you how happy I am to hear you're continuing to provide support for this extension Thomas & will certainly check the update out once I get that far - just enough to know there is one :). Are you still working alone on this or have you ever managed to get someone else to help you out? My concern is if you should ever not be able to keep up this brilliant work given there's nothing else like it out there :(

More
15 Sep 2020 22:37 #7735 by Thomas Hunziker
So far I'm still working mostly alone on SermonSpeaker.
The translations are done by others, and I'm very thankful for that! ANd I get occasionally some PRs, which I also appreciate very much.

If someone wants to help, I'm always happy. But so far I still enjoy doing it - and as long as I do enjoy it, I will do it.

As for other extensions, there is "Preach It" which looks quite similar, both in functionality and quality from what I saw some time ago.

More
17 Sep 2020 21:16 #7739 by Thomas Hunziker
Just for your information: I've just released SermonSpeaker 6.0.0 Beta 1 which installs in Joomla 4.0.0 Beta 4.

When you update a site to Joomla 4, the old SermonSpeaker version will be broken. However you will see an update in the extension manager once you set the stability to "beta" in the extension manager options.
You can also get the SermonSpeaker beta here: github.com/Bakual/SermonSpeaker/releases/tag/6.0.0-beta1

After installing that update, SermonSpeaker should migrate your categories and should work again. At least the backend should. I haven't looked much yet at the frontend.

More
17 Sep 2020 21:16 #7740 by Thomas Hunziker
Ah, if you try it - please tell me if you see things that don't work!

Time to create page: 0.295 seconds