Support for SermonSpeaker 5.x is in bugfix mode only, the same as it is for Joomla 3.10.
I will not add any new features to this releases.
Please upgrade to SermonSpeaker 6.x and Joomla 4.x, which is better anyway.

Users

More
25 Apr 2018 06:53 #7073 by Richard Frazier
Users was created by Richard Frazier
Hello, we are using Sermon speaker and really love it. Thanks! We are wondering if there is the possibility for different pastors who when logged in can upload there sermons and edit their own but not other pastors sermons here at the church. So I guess can different joomla users control their own sermons? once a pastor is givin a login and is created as a unique speaker can they upload their sermons?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2018 19:11 #7074 by Thomas Hunziker
Replied by Thomas Hunziker on topic Users
Hi Richard
If you set the permissions correctly, then this is possible.
There is a setting "Edit Own" which allows a user to edit an entry (eg a sermon) which he created.
So for a user to be able to publish and edit own sermons, his user group would need "Create", "Edit State" and "Edit Own" permissions.

More
25 Apr 2018 19:12 #7075 by Thomas Hunziker
By the way: You can set those permissions globally (site wide), only for the SermonSpeaker component or even for a single category.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Frazier

More
25 Apr 2018 19:16 #7076 by Richard Frazier
Replied by Richard Frazier on topic Users
Thanks, any chance I can get you to write a Community builder plugin for us? Is there any future plans for a CB plugin? Thank you

More
25 Apr 2018 20:22 #7077 by Thomas Hunziker
I don't use CB myself. I'm not sure what such a plugin would have to do.

More
26 Apr 2018 00:53 #7078 by Richard Frazier
Replied by Richard Frazier on topic Users
I think the only thing i would like to see is that the user could see their sermons for editing purposes under their profile and to have a upload link inside of the community builder menu, shouldn't be to hard. I see where many components have CB plugins. I would consider hiring you to do such a plugin depending what you thought it would take..If you thought you would like to consider it i could map it out.

Time to create page: 0.305 seconds